Notices

3 days without sleep

Old 03-02-2012, 11:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3 days without sleep

For some reason I can't get any sleep the last 3 days I'm running on no sleep. The problem is that I'm getting a lot of work and don't know if I can drive to each place to get the job done. I'm 6 days sober and this time around I know I can stay sober because of the wake up call I got 6 days ago. I know I should see a doctor about this but with everything I'm going to truck threw it.

3 days without sleep feels like I'm at the beginning of a hangover when waking up the next day of drinking. Well anyway, I hope tonight I will count sleep.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Do not drive!!! On my first recovery I went 3 days without sleep as well and I started hallucinating, I felt like I was on drugs. You need to go to the ER so they can give you muscle relaxers and put u under for a day
Old 03-02-2012, 12:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You really need to get a grip ACT10Npack....Getting your ass to a doctor should be priority number one...Getting yourself cleaned up should be priority number two...Getting some sleep should be priority number three...And parking your truck for awhile should come when you've done the other three..Keep doing what you are doing and it's a one way ticket back into detox...Are you ready for that again?
Old 03-02-2012, 01:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by eh1988 View Post
Do not drive!!! On my first recovery I went 3 days without sleep as well and I started hallucinating, I felt like I was on drugs. You need to go to the ER so they can give you muscle relaxers and put u under for a day

I will respectfully disagree with the muscle relaxer advice. why? not sure. it just seems like not such a good idea.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That's what they gave me when I went in for sleep deprivation. I spent the day there... Asleep. I'm not a doctor, dont ask me why.... That's just what they did.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with the others act10N...be sensible...see a Dr...and stay out of the drivers seat.

D
Old 03-02-2012, 02:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

My first year was loaded with insomnia. Lots of Coke (cola....lol), and a mind that just would NOT slow down didn't help matters. I did plenty of all-nighters. One night I was painting a bedroom and just stayed up all night working on it. For me, the freaking out about not sleeping was hurting me more than not sleeping........so I just went with it. HOWEVER, 3 missed nights is way extreme.

Sobriety needs to be about balance.....and health. There's nothing balanced or healthy about running THAT hard. I'm concerned your sobriety will be in jeopardy.....and nothing's worth that.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

even if you can't sleep, i recommend that you lay down and relax for a couple of hours...close your eyes in the quiet dark room and just concentrate on breathing...you may drift off.

along with a turkey sandwich and a glass of milk or some vanilla ice-cream..(always makes me yawn)
Old 03-02-2012, 04:15 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Definatly every time I detoxed I do not sleep for days also and am really out of it.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I went through the same type thing during 1st week sober. After 2 nights no sleep, I broke down and went to my doctor. I was completely open & honest about everything, and was given a Rx for sleep aid. Im not giving medical advice, just relaying my story.

To do this day (33 days sober) I wonder if I shouldve done a medical detox in a hospital, because what I went through with hourly panic attacks due to anxiety & no sleep was downright scary.

Seeing your doctor cant hurt...hope things work out for you. Take care.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:32 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I was the same, It is getting a bit better now but my sleep pattern is all over the place, not going to sleep until 3-4 am and geting up late. Missed a meetng this morning because of that. It will get better but I know it is horrible.