Notices

ooops =)

Old 03-02-2012, 11:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

ooops =)

So this morning I hit the snooze button and slept in. Sleep has been very hard to get this week so I took full advantage of it and got an extra 4 hours. I feel so well rested now. I called my boss and let him know I'll be coming in at 12, thank God he's cool and doesn't have a problem with it. I'll bet he assumes I'm hungover though hahaha.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad you got some rest! It's nice that your boss is so cool!
Old 03-02-2012, 12:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
recovering using AVRT

Originally Posted by eh1988 View Post
So this morning I hit the snooze button and slept in. Sleep has been very hard to get this week so I took full advantage of it and got an extra 4 hours. I feel so well rested now. I called my boss and let him know I'll be coming in at 12, thank God he's cool and doesn't have a problem with it. I'll bet he assumes I'm hungover though hahaha.

Gosh, maybe it's just me but isn't that NOT a funny thing? Your boss thinks your probably just hungover? That would mortify most people. And yes, having great sleep is wonderful but is blowing off your responsibilities healthy, or as you indicated, funny?

Maybe I'm just not "getting it"?
Old 03-02-2012, 01:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You really are lucky to have a boss who's cool like that. Good for you—getting rest is very important right now to staying balanced and strong.

And it's great that you have a positive reason for sleeping in, instead of just trying to sleep something off.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sober4metoday View Post
Gosh, maybe it's just me but isn't that NOT a funny thing? Your boss thinks your probably just hungover? That would mortify most people. And yes, having great sleep is wonderful but is blowing off your responsibilities healthy, or as you indicated, funny?

Maybe I'm just not "getting it"?
Yea I don't think you get it. A lot of young adults wake up late for work because they are "hungover" and they come up with some BS excuse as to why they're late. I told him the truth... I slept in. I was running on 3-4 hours of sleep a day. I finally got a night where I wasn't feeling anxious to get out of bed so I got some extra sleep. I'm here at work now and all is fine. I'm not sure why you're getting so bent out of shape if my boss isn't, his opinion is the only one that matters to me in my work life.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

:-) eh!!! Good for you!
Old 03-02-2012, 01:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
recovering using AVRT

Originally Posted by eh1988 View Post
Yea I don't think you get it. A lot of young adults wake up late for work because they are "hungover" and they come up with some BS excuse as to why they're late. I told him the truth... I slept in. I was running on 3-4 hours of sleep a day. I finally got a night where I wasn't feeling anxious to get out of bed so I got some extra sleep. I'm here at work now and all is fine. I'm not sure why you're getting so bent out of shape if my boss isn't, his opinion is the only one that matters to me in my work life.
I'll bet he assumes I'm hungover though hahaha.

Those were your words. I'm not bent out of shape - I'm not your boss.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Ok... And I already explained myself. Not going to do it twice. Have a good day
Old 03-02-2012, 02:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
recovering using AVRT

^^ I agree!! You should be working instead. You are at work, right? I'm here at work now and all is fine

Thanks! I'll have a good day. You too!
Old 03-02-2012, 02:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I see where sober4metoday is coming from. I'm one of those "young adults" you mention who make up some BS excuse to come in late because I'm hungover. I don't think I've ever found that funny....kind of shameful to do that to a boss who made the decision to hire me and sign my paychecks. Anyway, just keep in mind that bosses keep this stuff in their minds when review time comes. Glad you got some sleep though.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:47 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I wasn't laughing at being late. I was laughing at the thought that he might assume I was hungover. Glad you guys are so concerned with my work life, but I'm more concerned with my sobriety. This is soberrecovery.com not workrecovery.com. I've been here 3 years and never missed a day without having permission first and I've been late less times than I can count on one hand. But thanks guys stay sober!
Old 03-02-2012, 02:52 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
recovering using AVRT

Sorry we aren't all going to jump on the "HAHAHA I'm being irresponsible" bandwagon. I could care less about your job to be honest with you. But I do care about your sobriety and we are all on this site together for a reason and that reason IS sobriety and with sobriety comes responsibility. Maybe when you "get it" you'll understand where I'm coming from.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:59 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think personal conversations/irritations/concerns are best handled via PM, if one can't simply walk away.

Lets move on

D
Old 03-02-2012, 04:24 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Well, I took a personal day today. Got my house clean, caught up on several loads of laundry, worked out at the gym, treated myself to a Starbucks, and basically did exactly as I pleased. It was good for the soul...
Old 03-02-2012, 06:15 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sober4metoday View Post
Sorry we aren't all going to jump on the "HAHAHA I'm being irresponsible" bandwagon.
Who's we?

I took the day off, too. Feel great about it. Feel good about myself, and I have zero desire to start passing judgment about people and situations I really don't know anything about.

That's my bandwagon.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:20 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I was exhausted when I first quit - I'm glad you got some much needed sleep.