some advice please

Old 02-29-2012, 06:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

some advice please

My husband sober of 19 years.I've just discovered he's taking clenbuterol a couple of months advice please
Old 03-01-2012, 07:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to you, glad you have made your way to us, does he also have issues with alcohol?

I ask because your post may belong under the substance abusers forum.

Is he using this drug with a prescription, if so what for?

Will be glad to help any way we can.

Big hugs,

Bill
Old 03-01-2012, 07:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Welcome to the SR family!

You have found a resource of support and information.

You asked for advice. Here is my gentle suggestion:

Find a local support group (like Nar-anon, Alanon, or others), and/or a qualified counselor. Get support to take care of yourself.

Also, educating yourself on addiction and how it affects you the loved one of an addict.

I can not offer advise on fixing, healing, controlling or curing your addict. I tried and failed miserably with my own addicted partner. I made myself crazy in the process.

I searced for information on the internet too. I learned about the 3 C's of addiction:

I did not Cause it
I could not Control it
I would not Cure it

It took time and many false starts before I accepted that information. When I did, I was finally able to give the addiction to the owner: the other adult in my relationship.

Please stick around and make yourself at home.
We are here to support you.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi thanks so much for the reply he had substance and alcohol and was taking the clenbuterol cause he was at the gym.sourced from his fitness instructor.have put up wither the lies and deceit for 11 years always questioning myself am i overreacting he's begging me for another chance but don't know if I can.just don't know what to do anymore have 3 kids and don't want them affected anymore don't know how to find the strength to stop mammying him anymore and let him go.does he deserve another chance.that's my latest question to myself again.......
Old 03-02-2012, 06:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

"Clenbuterol is approved for use in some countries, via prescription only, as a bronchodilator for asthma patients.[2] Recently though, the drug has been publicized for its off-label use as a weight loss drug, similar to usage of other sympathomimetic amines such as ephedrine. It is commonly used as a slimming aid despite lack of sufficient clinical testing either supporting or negating such use." - wikipedia

apparently, it is also used by professional athletes for performance enhancement. it's a stimulant.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi thanks for the reply I did look it up and know he shouldn't be taking them.its the lies amount and then me getting the blame for it that I can't cope with.x