As of today Exboyfriend is an Alcoholic

Old 02-26-2012, 07:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

As of today Exboyfriend is an Alcoholic

Hi,
I desire to stand strong and realize I do not need to be involved with someone who drinks and smokes everyday. I do not know how I allowed myself to come this far when there was plenty of signs. When he is sober he is a nice person. I have had a enough and he scared me over the weekend. He was intoxicated and high I could not sleep from the constant talking and decided I would go home. He hid my purse and cell phone. I asked for him to return my items and he begin to play mind games with me as if I lost it and did not remember where I placed it. I was not drinking or anything I just came from the gym and wanted to relax. Anyway bad words were exchanged through the night until the morning because I would not leave with my items. He has stated to me the he would smoke me and take me oUT. THAt was the last draw. I love myself and want to enjoy life.
I do love him but I love my life and myself more. I have already been through unhealthy relationships the last one the guy set mt house on fire He thought I was in it. I am out of this relationship. He continues to call me.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Welcome to the SR family!

Stick around and make yourself at home.
I recommend reading in the stickies - area at the top of the forum page - as they contain some of our stories and loads of wisdom.

I encourage you to post as much as needed. It helps to discuss with folks who understand what you are going through.

I'm sorry for the reasons that brought you here, but glad to see you are making choices to take care of yourself. Ending toxic relationships is something healthy we do for ourselves.

I had to go NC with my addict. NC means No Contact. No calls, no texts, no emails. It wasn't to punish the addict, it was to protect myself from being drawn back into the drama.

I used the time of NC to focus on my needs and what I wanted out of my one precious life.