Notices

my drinking habits

Old 02-26-2012, 07:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

my drinking habits

currently i,m in the process of quitting ...these were my drinking habits..i would start drinking .i would usually start at about 7ish with a 6pack of beer and be finished by 1030ish ....for the most part i would buy a 6pack ..or i would buy 3 24oz cans of twisted tea..and a bag of chips .......or is i was drinking the hard stuff.id buy a pint of capt. morgans and a bottle of coke/cranberry juice......id go through two of these over the course of 3 days fri-sunday night ..this was a regualar thing for me ..
Old 02-26-2012, 07:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You want to see it increase?....Keep drinking.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

My drinking almost always had to involve beer and lots of it, although I did really get torqued on the strong stuff every now and then, just could never find a happy-balance with liquor (Thank God). I drank to sleep, insomnia was my main reason 'why' I drank, binge to pass-out was 'how' and home was 'where' I ended up drinking always alone (if I could manage that). It's taken a long time, but I realize now that I do not 'need or have' to drink nor be drunk.
Really glad you are here and desire to change, wish you the best.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
You want to see it increase?....Keep drinking.
yep. I made so many deals with myself. "if only I could drink 6 per day I would be fine". but the quantity continues to slowly increase and any attempt at a moderation never worked. there just isn't any going back to pre addiction life with alcohol.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ressurectJ View Post
currently i,m in the process of quitting ..
I have to ask you...What is the process of quitting??.....Downing a beer and thinking about it? I mean you either drink...Or you don't.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

At first I would only drink 2 cans of beer. Later on I would drink a 6 pack. A year later, I would drink 3 days straight. I would keep drinking and can't stop until I get sick and can't handle it anymore. Better off stop your drinking now because your drinking goes care. It's not fun and things will go back for you.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'd really like to hear what your plans are to quit totally Josh...look forward not back, I reckon

D
Old 02-27-2012, 04:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

^ i have a calender which ive been marking off each day sober ..thats pretty much my only method at the moment ..i work by the end of the work day i come home and mark it off..then ive set up and alarm clock for 1030pm soo whatever im doing at 1030 (usually online) i stop and hit the sack..or else id be up all night
Old 02-27-2012, 03:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

another thing i have and issue with is when i drink i dont pace myself ..its like ill have a 6pck and down the whole thing in like 2 hrs time maybe and hour and half ..
Old 02-27-2012, 03:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

making off time on a calendar is a good visual aid and might be motivating initially, but I hope you'll look into some of the other kinds of support in practice here too

Staying sober can be tough - looking at as many approaches as you can can't hurt
D
Old 02-27-2012, 03:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

I was never able to pace myself either. I had to quit completely. I found the only way to control my intake was to keep it at zero.

I also was "in the process of quitting" for a long time, like around a year and half. I kind of look back on those days with a shudder because my life was a shallow echo of reality.

I would strongly recommend you look into ways you can quit completely and get off the merry-go-round.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
~sb

are you drinking or not?
Old 02-27-2012, 06:08 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

@sugarbear.i made that comment about when i drink..meaning past tense..i dont drink i was just saying that when i did ..that is how i did it ..im open to all other ways of keeping track..so far the calender has been working ..only thing is im non stop always thinking about always marking off each day ..even before i get home..its like i think about is not drinking and smoking ..