Notices

sober but not feeling sober

Old 02-25-2012, 11:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

sober but not feeling sober

Only five days, still dizzy and off-balance. Does this get better, if so how long? Drank hard liquor for past 10 years, but never even a fifth a nite, often only a pint, and only evenings, not daytimes.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you're like me, you drank for years...it can take a little time for mind and body to heal.

5 days is great but give your mind and body a chance newday

Maybe you should think about seeing a Dr - feeling dizzy and off balance can;t be much fun?

D
Old 02-26-2012, 04:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
dopeless hope fiend

sober means we get to experience the full scope off human experience, not feeling great all the time. five days off a ten year run is too early to be concerned. just hang on. it'll get better, and worse, and better, and worse. it took me several weeks to start feeling 'normal'
Old 02-26-2012, 10:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Unhappy empathy appreciated...

thanks, but WEEKS??? Yikes. Well, one day at a time i guess
Old 02-26-2012, 10:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

didn't mean that intro icon — total klutz at typing!!!

sorry
Old 02-26-2012, 10:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

stick with it newlife. i drank for eight years straight and thought that when i stoppped my life would go straight to perfect. WRONG! one part was stopping drinking; that was easy...but learning to live sober i didnt even think would be an issue...thats the hard part BUT it is so worth it. we are not killing ourselves anymore i am still new to this but every day no matter what life throws my way i know i can take it on 10000 times better without alcohol in my system. we can do this. oh and yes if it keeps up just head to the dr..there might be something more than WD's going on that you are just now realizing bc we dont have the normal hangover to blame it on.... but then again give it a couple weeks and i bet you will be glad you did...the symptoms could vanish get lots of rest, water and food...it helps wonders hang in there! WE CAN DO THIS!! HUGS!!!
Old 02-26-2012, 11:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
recovering using AVRT

There are many vitamin deficiencies that come with chronic alcohol abuse (it interferes with absorption). You may want to try a good whole food multi vitamin (whole food is key), lots of water, quality foods and quality rest. Hopefully you'll be feeling better soon!

Congratulations on 5 days!!!
Old 02-26-2012, 12:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

great advice, sober

I do take a multi, plus added B6 and B12 - also a LOT of exercise as I'm prepping the soil for my spring organic veggie garden - one of my passions (and a pet peeve - letting all that useless crabgrass go to waste!)
Old 02-26-2012, 12:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

5 days good job. 1 year 8 months+ sober and had a hard time in the beginning. I've proven to myself that sobriety is better than using. You'll make it.