Notices

Day 1....

Old 02-25-2012, 10:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1....

Well, I am on day 1... stopped drinking before midnight last night and it was only 3 glasses of wine ALL DAY instead of my usual bottle of vodka. I tried to go to sleep and tossed and turned all night, it was horrible.

So now I am 10+ hours without a drink which is a miracle for me. No shakes... yet- just really tired. Lots to do round the house to keep myself busy. For some reason tho no matter how tired I feel my body doesn't feel as bad as it has in the past. Probably just the calm before the storm.

At any rate, I posted a couple days back and got some good advice and words of support but also a couple posts that I didn't really care for, so I am up in the air about this SR. I know people wanna just be honest and tell it like it is but you don't have to be nasty about it

So... just posting. 2nd meeting tonight at 4pm- it's an O/D..what's that entail? The first one I went to was a women's and I didn't really care for it.. but then I had had a few when I was there so...

I REALLY REALLY REALLY DO NOT WANT TO DRINK TODAY!!!!

Thx for letting me vent...
Old 02-25-2012, 10:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Good for you, Virgochic! You are going to feel so much better about yourself and your life.

An "O/D" meeting is one that is open (anyone can go) and will be a discussion (as opposed to a step meeting or speaker meeting, etc.). There should be a variety of people there.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back - I'm glad you're thinking of new things to try - I really think thats the key

I'm sorry if you feel you got some nasty posts - if you, or anybody, think a post breaks our rules please do report it with that post's report button, or drop me a PM

D
Old 02-25-2012, 12:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
recovering using AVRT

today is a new day! how are you feeling? i hope that you can get to that meeting tonight and then find time to pop in afterwards.

SR is not different than you'll find IRL when dealing with groups of people. Everyone's got their own unique personality. The good thing is is that we are all in the same boat as you - trying to maintain (or in some cases, obtain) a sober life for ourselves. So even if you do come across posts that may seem not-so-nice you can pretty much assume that the intention behind it is good.

Congrats on a successful step towards recovery!
Old 02-25-2012, 01:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sounds like you're off to a great start! Good for you.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey Virgochic...You should give that women's meeting another try...I've been to meetings I wasn't crazy about sober and went back and tried them again and they were great. Sometimes it's just the day. Stay strong and don't drink for today.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

(((Virgochic))) - Congrats on day 1!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 02-25-2012, 02:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good job, Virgochick! You're doing the right thing and it sounds like you have a good recovery plan. Stay strong, it's a worthwhile effort.
Old 02-25-2012, 06:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey, glad to see you back How was your day?
Old 02-25-2012, 07:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well maybe these meetings aren't for me or maybe cuz I'm in a super small town.... BUT I'm still sober. I even had to drive past 2 liquer stores for that meeting...

My body feels good. Still no shakes or nausea or anything I was feeling when I.was sitting round constantly drinking but I know there's more to come possibly after the amount I was consuming I do find myself thinking about booze all day long tho .... so that's hard.

I will have 24 hours at midnight ... so I'm gonna tiremyself out playing WII and try to get some sleep. Man I got a lot done today..its amazing what u can get done when ur not just pickled all day.

I'm scared, but kind of excited. I think I will drive to to the city for a meeting... they have TONS more and I wont be too drunk to drive