Notices

Grateful to be here

Old 02-25-2012, 12:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Grateful to be here

It relieves me to have stumbled on to this community. I come from a long line of alcoholics and am nowhere near that yet (no physical addiction; not a lot of alcohol), but I know the red flags (drinking alone; drinking only to medicate myself; feeling like a completely new woman the moment liquor seeps into my system; fearing alcohol and trying to analyze how many glasses of this or that I can safely drink; making rules to control my drinking that i then break; throwing out liquor to stop altogether and then buying it again etc. you all know the drill). I swore off it 2 weeks ago because I noticed how obsessive I was becoming.

I only mention all this because I don't feel I would fit into any treatment program, yet I do need some kind of support to stick to what my gut tells me is a slippery slope. SR really offers that and makes me feel that I can log on here if my palms get sweaty when I pass by the liquor aisle in the grocery store.

Thanx to all and sundry. :-)

Blessings,

Zorah
Old 02-25-2012, 12:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad to have you here Zorah

The support I found here @ SR helped make the difference for me - I hope it can help you make the difference too

D
Old 02-25-2012, 05:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

Hi zorah, I can relate, though I went way on farther down the road of active addiction than you. I know that stage very well.

Welcome, glad you got here before the bus not only hit you, but backed over you and then dragged you down the road.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Old 02-25-2012, 05:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good for you on your 2 weeks, that's not easily done. Keep it going.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
recovering using AVRT

Originally Posted by zorah View Post
I. I come from a long line of alcoholics and am nowhere near that yet (no physical addiction; not a lot of alcohol), but I know the red flags (drinking alone; drinking only to medicate myself; feeling like a completely new woman the moment liquor seeps into my system; fearing alcohol and trying to analyze how many glasses of this or that I can safely drink; making rules to control my drinking that i then break; throwing out liquor to stop altogether and then buying it again etc. you all know the drill). I swore off it 2 weeks ago because I noticed how obsessive I was becoming.
That sounds an awful lot like me. Welcome! SR has been a great resource for me and hopefully it will be for you as well.
Old 02-25-2012, 06:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome Zorah,You are aware of the Addiction....Great.There must be something Pulling at your Confidence......Check with the Laundry List of ACA....Just a Suggestion.
The Problem - Adult Children of Alcoholics - World Service Organization, Inc.