Notices

Hey Im Kelly and am finally admitting i have a problem

Old 02-24-2012, 06:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hey Im Kelly and am finally admitting i have a problem

This is so hard. I'm 23 years old and know I'm an alchoholic. I drink pretty much everyday and for some reason I think it will turn out ok buut whenever I drink I get in a fight with my bf and am ruining the relationship. I feel like alchohol makes me more comfortable because I'm extremely shy and awkward when sober. I desperately need help and don't have any idea where to start. I recently relocated to another state to live with my bf and he consistently tells me to move back. My addiction is ruining our relationship and I really need help. Anyways I'm hoping I can get some support on this site. Anyone else live in Oregon?
Old 02-24-2012, 06:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. I'm glad you are thinking about how alcohol is affecting your life at such as young age! You should read lots of posts on here--there are many young people dealing with their lives and you will receive a lot of support.

I live in the NW too!
Old 02-24-2012, 07:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
former walking pharmacy

Hi Kelly; i'm an alcoholic, too, and i'm 24. I know what it's like to struggle with drinking at this age, it seems that it's all anybody does! Are you in school? Have access to counseling/therapy of some sort? That can help a lot. AA meetings are great, too, and there are lots of young people's meetings where you can meet people just like you and I.

Stick around and keep posting, there are so many amazing people on these boards.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Kelly. I can relate alot to your post. You are not alone here.

I would suggest to you to find a recovery program. There are links to them on this website. It's very difficult to do this completely alone.

Wishing you the best.

God bless.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Kelly,get to an Open AA Meeting or why not visit a Real Meeting near you.There you will get an Idea weather you need Help or not....at this time.
Alcohol Helped me over my Shyness.....But it is a Devious Friend.It then wants you to use it when ever theres a Problem.....Then you become Addicted.Cheers
Old 02-24-2012, 01:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Kelly

I used alcohol to help with my shyness too - but I ended up acting like a jerk anyway.

I believe we have a few members from the Pacific NW...hopefully you'll hear from them

Have you got any ideas on how you might stop drinking and stay sober?

D
Old 02-24-2012, 01:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome Kelly!! You are definitely not alone. It is a very difficult thing to come to terms with. Lots of amazing people here... Always willing to help. Keep reading!!