Please pray for my granddaughter...

Old 02-23-2012, 11:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Please pray for my granddaughter...

My granddaughter had court this morning. She had to testify against a former roommate of AD's (a "friend" for 9 years) who had sex with her last year. She was 15 years old.

AD had found out through a third party about this, and when she confronted Alexandria about it, she told her what happened. AD told her she was either going to the police station with her to file a police report on the SOB, or she'd send her to live with her dad. Alexandria complied and charges were filed.

AD is stoned out of her gourd on xanax today (which unfortunately she has a legitimate prescription for it) and I am so angry with her, but will deal with her once this crisis is over.

My granddaughter feels this was all her fault. She did not want to testify against him. Unfortunately one of her best friends from when she and AD lived there testified for the scumbag. I had AD call the mental health center for an emergency assessment as granddaughter said she was too stressed and felt suicidal. The assessment is there in town because there was no one to see her at the mental health center here.

I've driven the 40 miles back home to tend my youngest daughter's dogs, and mine. Grabbing a quick bite to eat and then back south 40 miles again to get Alexandria to the assessment.

If it's determined she doesn't need hospitalization, she will be staying with me through the weekend. She won't get any emotional support from her father, and AD is too busy not dealing with any emotions by taking the xanax. I am the only healthy support she has.

I would greatly appreciate any and all prayers and good thoughts for Alexandria.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Good thoughts for ((Alexandria)). Depression is terrible, I hope she gets some counseling. I'm glad she has a support like you in her life, you are invaluable.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am taking some time out before leaving for the day to think and pray for you and Alexandria. I am glad I stopped in before I left. You have been of great help to me in this support room, and I am so sorry for the pain your Alexandria are going through.

Hugs
Old 02-23-2012, 12:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I will pray for Alexandria. So glad she has you!!
Old 02-23-2012, 12:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The fallout has to end soon?! You all have to be going through the entire gamut of emotions

Good thoughts and healing prayers on the way for all of you!
Old 02-23-2012, 12:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My prayers going to Alexandra and Devon and crew
Hugs
Teresa
Old 02-23-2012, 12:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Praying for healing and continued protection for Alexandria~ that she will know that NONE of this is her fault, that she will seek help from HER HP for healing and she will use the healthy resources available to her for processing all the emotions.

Prayers for you my sweet friend ~ for strength, courage and wisdom - to know what to do to help Alexandria heal; for comfort because I know as a grandparent you feel her pain as well as your own.

Prayers for her parents ~ that some how, someway they come to a place where they realize what a precious gift they have - their daughter ~ and that they find their way to a healthy recovery place.

PINKest HUGS ever!

Rita
Old 02-23-2012, 12:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

praying for you and Alexandria, for all involved. peace to you

I am afraid to say this but do so in the hope of helping some understanding for Alexandria...please receive this opinion in the way it is sent, with love and compassion

IMHO Alexandria may not want to testify because sex releases the same brain chemistry as love, for us, obviously the guy is a scumbag, but for her...her feelings are likely to be very confused, even if everyone around her is telling her it was wrong, the chemistry probably felt like love...I was having sex way before 15. I hope it is obvious that I am in NO way saying that an adult should have any contact with a minor whatsoever...but that HER feelings may not acknowledge that what she "received" was wrong. As a young girl I was desperate for love and found it wherever I could...
Old 02-23-2012, 12:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

to clarify...I was desperate for love, and sex felt like "love" and it didn't matter where it came from
Old 02-23-2012, 01:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Good thoughts and prayers on their way.

Good thing I don't know the guy's name or it would be passed to some of my 'biker' friends up your way.

I hope they can help Alexandria.

As to your AD, I believe you were going to put in the 'contract' for her living in your home that prescription meds were to be taken ONLY as prescribed. Did you?? Then again I have seen xanax knock a person out with just the prescribed dose.

Anyway, lots and lots of good thoughts and prayers and I have added you and the family to the prayer lists I belong to.

Love and hugs,
Old 02-23-2012, 01:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry, Freedom, for this child you love and for your own pain. She has lost much childhood, but I know your love and steadfastness is something she trusts and depends on. So take very good care of yourself, as much as of her, for she relies on your sanity and presence and calmness.

To give her back a bit of childhood, it would be all right to buy her a large stuffed teddy bear, a hot fudge sundae, and maybe take her to the movies this weekend. Teenagers are still quite young inside, and they seem actually to appreciate such gestures.

For yourself, whatever pleases you most. Certainly extra dog hugs.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:45 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((Prayers out D)))

D
Old 02-23-2012, 02:04 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Oh, DeVon, how scary and awful and stressful for such a young girl! I'm so sorry!!

Definitely prayers going up.....
Old 02-23-2012, 02:39 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

My prayers go out for all of you, DeVon. How sad this situation is and how blessed that child is to have you for support.

Hugs and Hugs
Old 02-23-2012, 03:15 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I have really missed you my friend and then to find you with this news, I weep.
Wish Laurie could send her old time biker friends....can't help how I feel about that.

Please know that you and your grandaughter will be in my thoughts today and in the days to come.

Please do let us know how things go, will you? Sending you all my strength of hugs and comfort.....(((((((((((((((Devon)))))))))))))). PM me anytime, I have been missing you and kind of looking for you. So sorry that it is with such sad news, I know the mama bear in you and the mutual struggle we both face with our illness(es).
Old 02-23-2012, 04:52 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

sending prayers for both of you!!
Old 02-23-2012, 05:09 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

sending out prayers to you and your family
Old 02-23-2012, 05:44 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

(((Devon))),
My heart hurts for you and your beloved granddaughter. I will surely pray for you all, that good things come of this pain very soon. big hugs dear lady. I am so glad that she has you to look out for her.
Prayers going up!
love and hugs,
chicory
Old 02-23-2012, 06:06 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

You and your granddaughter are in my prayers.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:13 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Will absolutely be praying for your precious granddaughter. ****{hugs}}} to you as well.