stuck

Old 02-21-2012, 05:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

stuck

why is this so hard for me. i know what i am doing is right for me and my children but its killing me to know that he doesnt care. i cant believe im in this situation again with a guy. why is it so hard to let go even though it was all just a lie pretty much. i feel so stupid saying this but im so torn. my children will always come first in my book. but letting go of him is so hard to do. i don't want him back i just want him to realize which i know he will never do. i just need to vent to people that actually understand this cause i don't.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

as i just read the when the pain stops thats exactly what it is! wow.. that as some meaning to it
Old 02-22-2012, 09:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by lifegoeson View Post
why is this so hard for me. i know what i am doing is right for me and my children but its killing me to know that he doesnt care. i cant believe im in this situation again with a guy. why is it so hard to let go even though it was all just a lie pretty much. i feel so stupid saying this but im so torn. my children will always come first in my book. but letting go of him is so hard to do. i don't want him back i just want him to realize which i know he will never do. i just need to vent to people that actually understand this cause i don't.
When we invest in another human being, when we love another human being, and things don't work out, it stinks. It hurts. I get it.

Addicts who are in active addition simply aren't capable of love. The hardest thing to do is not personalize that. It's not about you. It's about him, his demons, and his disease.

Your children are the most precious thing in your life. They need you. So do your best every day to be the best parent you can be.

You'll be OK. Trust me. You will be OK.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Remember he is not using at you. It's not personal. It just feels that way.

Many people in general and most in active addiction are clueless about how their behaviors impact their close friends and families.

I admire your maturity and strength to put children first.