It's always something

Old 12-18-2003, 07:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Responsible Girl

Unhappy It's always something

Things have not been good between us for a long time. When he's sober, things can be great. We get along, laugh, enjoy our children together, make plans for the future. But when he's not sober, he's barely here- when he is, I resent him and we fight, or he's an ass, and we fight, or I'm whatever and we fight. So when I found out I was pregnant with each of the kids, I got sick exactly two weeks after conception, then confirmed suspicion a couple weeks after that. With my first, i got heartburn really bad when I was hungry- I ate, it went away. After I had my son, the heartburn went away until I was pregnant with my daughter. Then, the same: hungry, heartburn, then it went away. After I had her, I still get heartburn occasionally, but nothing serious. Well, I've been REALLY hungry all day for the past week, and have had heartburn really bad all week, too. I haven't gotten sick in the morning, like i did with my other two- but for two nights now I've woken up in the middle of the night and have had to pop two Tums, cause the heartburn was so bad. (The night before last, the heartburn was really bad and I did throw up, but I had chili cheese fries for lunch and they didn't sit well...) So I'm sorry to get off the subject of recovery and everything, and sorry for my detailed post, but my question is this- for those of you who've had more than two children, were all teh pregnancies similar enough that you just knew you were pregnant? I just told my jerk last week that he had until the 1st to get sober or he was leaving. How the hell do I follow through with what I say if we're about to bring another child into the world? Not to mention that we can't afford the two we have- I have no idea how I'll afford a third, even with him here too! I haven't gotten sick (other than the chili cheese fries) but I don't know if this is just different- or if I'm imagining the whole thing... The last period was almost nonexistent, but I attributed that to stress- that's happened before. I take my pill religiously, though I know it's not 100% effective, but what the hell am I gonna do if I am? He's not gonna change- he didn't change with the first two, why would this be any different? Man, if it's not one thing, it's another...
Old 12-18-2003, 11:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Don't know what to tell you. The pill worked for me.
Old 12-19-2003, 04:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Three kids and three different pregnancies......1st...very sick before a test would tell me if I was pregnant and lasted 5 months, then heartburn.....2nd.....NEVER sick...not once, felt great...........3rd.....sick for several weeks after confirmation of pregnancy, then felt good and was STARVING 24/7.

However....I have used the pill for YEARS and never had a problem...of course I stopped taking it three times.

As far as your relationship......you have to decide what is best for you (and your children) regardless of the situation. Take one thing at a time.....find out if you ARE pregnant and go from there. Don't waste time with "what if".

(((((((((HUGS)))))))))))
Constant
Old 12-19-2003, 04:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally posted by 12stepmarce
Don't know what to tell you. The pill worked for me.

When you don't know what to tell someone,keeping your mouth shut is always an option.Try it sometime...please

phoenix
Old 12-19-2003, 04:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Mindy,

I hope things work out for you. There were a few times I thought I was pregnant because I had the same kinds of symptoms I'd had with my two children, but it turned out that I wasn't. I had some anxious days though until I could find out. When will you be able to know for certain?

I think the pill is 99% effective, so hopefully since you've been taking it every day you will be o.k. If you are pregnant, you have a tough decision in front of you. You don't have to decide right now though, and I pray that either way, whether you are with child or not, that your partner will get his act together to be the husband you deserve and the father his kids deserve.

Juls
Old 12-19-2003, 01:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Responsible Girl

False alarm, thank God! So I called the doctor instead to see if there's a reason I have so much heartburn lately, and why am I constantly hungry? My aunt suggested an ulcer. That's lovely, not yet 25 and my first ulcer... Though I was slightly (pleasantly) surprised that A wasn't negative at all about the thought of another baby... Not that I want another one!
Old 12-19-2003, 03:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Chy

.... gee stress caused mine!
Old 12-20-2003, 12:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Goodness, phoenix....having a bad time?

I am so not into flames....leave me out of those, please.
Old 12-20-2003, 08:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally posted by 12stepmarce
Goodness, phoenix....having a bad time?

I am so not into flames....leave me out of those, please.

Nope...not at all.And you haven't even come close to being flamed.I simply pointed out that if you don't have anything to say,then not saying anything is sometimes the best option.

phoenix
Old 12-20-2003, 09:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

Mindy,
I am happy for you that it was a false alarm. Hopefully you will be able to take some time and make some plans to take care of YOU. If you haven't found any face to face Al Anon meetings, I strongly recommend that you go. I can honestly say that Al Anon saved my life, and it has helped me to have a richer and fuller life than I ever thought possible!

Hugs
Barb