Notices

Life today is just so much more pleasant.

Old 02-18-2012, 04:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Life today is just so much more pleasant.

Evening SR,

I am just relaxing after a great day at work then came home and cooked. Thinking of this morning on my walk into work.

About how after many years of good times of drinking and extra's. Well after I knew I was now far gone. After I became truly alcoholic and couldnt stop or even think I would ever try. I poisoned everything especially anything good or any ambition other than to forget. As life became only that one drink to another. Then of course the obsession went in and had to lead to that complete oblivion.

Then came 2011 and started to quite, and after each relapse how the detox just got worse. Well not really worse but it only took a week of drinking to go threw the process like I went threw the first time. I drank everyday heavily for 20 years, so that first detox was very ugly. Enough of the ugly days.

Today now is just so much more worth each and every day. Good and bad , happy or sad , ect. I know threw AA have really found a good sense of my sobriety. Not simply the compulsion of drinking but letting that mircale happen. And I really am happy today, much happier than I have been for 10 years. In my heart and soul I feel well, and of good use to other addicts and the rest of the world . So no more of that alcohol poison to my body. And with my Higher Power and fellowship I will continue to train my mind to let those compulsions fade. I know they will always remain, but even in this time they have gotten so much easier to take. And think threw.

Well I think I rambled long enough today. Thank you all.

And as always remember to Smile cause Sobriety looks good on YOU!!

Good love, Inda
Old 02-18-2012, 04:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The more we hear of the freedom and peace one feels with they truly are released from the grips of alcohol, the better those of us who dream of that reality will be.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What a great, positive message. Good for you. Thanks for sharing
Old 02-18-2012, 05:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you for the positive post....I needed to hear that. Have a great evening.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you for posting such a positive and inspiring message, i love it. I especially love "letting that miracle happen." Powerful stuff, thanks again. xo
Old 02-18-2012, 08:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I always can relate to the positiveness in your posts, I too am experiencing that miracle, that happiness and peace. I owe this miracle to AA my HP and this forum.

The freedom in surrender is unbelievable.

CaiHong
Old 02-18-2012, 09:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

This is a post I will come back too. I really ought to start journaling again, and if/when I do this would be something I'd quote and refer back to....thank you.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
instant

Inda well done miracles do happen. It can be subtle at first, it's not literal but it is very real. Thank you
Old 02-18-2012, 10:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Inda you are awesome. Whenever I need a pick me up, something inspiring there you are. Love you honey:ghug3
Old 02-19-2012, 08:27 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It's inspiring to hear about the peace that comes, the confidence and hope. Thank you.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:58 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Thanks All

Well another weekend coming to a close on sunday. And all is well, sober in 2012 rolling right along. Today was spent cleaning, walking the dogs, and now finishing making dinner. And let the next week begin.

And what great day to practice the things I learn in AA . As for I used to take my dog up to the store then over to the corner bar. She loved it , I had not walked her that way in a long time. And today without thinking about it , I did. As I strolled by the tavern I thought to myself about all the good times and then also about all the days I went in feeling like death , to get a shot or two then start to "feel better". And a chill ran threw me and then I nice content smile rolled over my face. I looked down at Keshlon(the dog) and she looked up at me like she knew. And we both happily continued to the deli where of course she gets treats. LOL.

To all and anyone new give it time. It will get easier and you WILL feel yourself again.

Good love , Inda