Notices

94 Days!

Old 02-18-2012, 06:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

94 Days!

Yeah I thought I could never say this and actually come through with this but I haven't drank in 94 days. I've been trying to get clean since I was 18ish now I'm 20 almost 21 and have the most sobierty time ever.

The weird thing is I still haven't had in cravings (yet). However I will call my sponsor right away.

For all the people struggling to quit, if I can do it, you can do it.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I forgot to mention that I saw a commercial for Bud Light platinum with Kanye's Runaway instrumental playing. I was like hell yah. Than at work that night I saw a case of the Platinum beer. I was super interested in what it would taste like. I was like what the hell does platinum taste like. So I asked some of my coworkers and friends to taste it and describe it to me LOL. Turns out they said it wasn't that great just smoother. I was like oh okay. Than I was done with it.

I haven't really been invited to any parties but have had several opportunities to drink, occasionally I will ask myself if I want to drink and the first response in NO!!!.

Also, I had a dream the other night, where a coworker bought me soda pop/ kool aid in a glass bottle. I drank the whole thing, and I looked at the bottle and it said 5% alcohol alcohol. I didn't feel buzzed in the dream, but I was super pissed. I thought to myself well I already drank so f it. Than I told myself no. I was super pissed at my co worker and he said he didn't know, so I threw the bottle at a wall and it shattered. Later in my dream I was talking to someone (probably my sponsor) and told him that I felt good on my decision. I just thought that was unlike any dream I ever had.

Lastly my 21 b day is March 31st. Which will be my biggest test, as of now I am planning on going sky diving and not having a party. Although I have waited for my 21st b day since I started drinking, ARRRRRRG. However I think I have drank enough to the point where I doesn't matter because I could get it whenever I wanted. Plus I have drank enough all together. What is drinking one more time going to do.

While in rehab, (for like 20 some day) outpatient. I look at the recent inmates online. I saw 13 people I know in that got busted in the last 60 days. Also I have seen what alcohol has done to other people and my closest friends (mostly drinking buddies). And seen what legal troubles they are in due to drinking.

Sorry if this post seemed long. Thanks for reading.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on 94 days Jeb...I approve that post too. Keep it up.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Jeb18,

I am so glad that you are doing something about your drinking so young! Congratulations on 94 days - that is great.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

Congratulations!! Keep moving forward. Have you written this on paper for yourself? All the reasons why you are staying stopped? It might help. Are you using AA or any other program of recovery?

Here's to another 94 days!
Old 02-18-2012, 08:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Woohoo! That's awesome! Happy early birthday & have fun skydiving. It's a whole lot safer than drinking!!!
Keep it going.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Jeb18!
Old 02-18-2012, 09:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

WOW! CONGRATULATIONS! That is awesome, thank you for posting. It is so inspiring to see someone embrace recovery, i am really happy for you. Aren't drinking dreams so weird? They always leave me feeling a bit puzzled. You are going to LOVE skydiving, it is incredible. Keep up the good work! xo
Old 02-18-2012, 01:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thats great news Jeb - congratulations

D
Old 02-18-2012, 02:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Be proud of yourself, Jeb. You're doing great. Keep going
Old 02-19-2012, 05:29 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks all.