Notices

Ready and willing, ready to try again.

Old 02-17-2012, 11:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ready and willing, ready to try again.

Hello everyone, I just wanted to check in and get to know a few people around here, start a small online support for myself, as well as help support others where I can.

I'm 22, currently residing in pasadena, at a beautiful and caring treatment center. I am addicted to heroin, and I had a small run for about two months while dodging drug tests at this treatment center before getting arrested a few days ago for a faulty charge. I am thankful and blessed to be accepted back her at my rehab, as they have given me another chance. Before I relapsed, I had about 6 months clean, and now I'm ready to do this again, the right way, with god and with a strong 12 step support group. I had all but given up on myself, until I realized a few days ago that god gave me the second chance that I was praying so hard for, and he granted me the strength to follow the path he has bestowed upon me...

You know, before I was never a very religious person, more-so agnostic, but the past few days have shown me that god is looking after me, and I'm blessed in so many ways. After 5 years of IV heroin use, I have no diseases, no OD'S, and no criminal record. Praise the lord... for he has been good to me...

Anyways, I won't babble on, I just wanted to say hello and I am ready to start a new path of recovery once again. Thank you =)
Old 02-17-2012, 11:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Sasha - I'm so glad you were given that second chance. You sound ready to do it this time. You'll never have to go back to those miserable days of using. Congratulations on your 6 months clean - and the new clean time you are working on.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome Sasha! Thank you for posting. You sound like you are really committed, that is wonderful. You deserve to live a happy and healthy life. I admire your courage and strength, it is brave to reach out. Take good care of yourself. xo
Old 02-17-2012, 12:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you, for your responses, I am truly ready in my heart to give up the ghost. I am ready to accept any and all help, I am ready to be accountable and responsible for my actions, and I am ready to become the man I know I have potential to become. With god's grace, and my mother and aunt's support, I feel thankful that I am not alone in this, and that I have not been given up on. It brings me to tears to write this, and I feel overjoyed that they are tears of happiness and no longer sorrow. I have been humbled, and I am glad that I have been once again, for if I had not been, I feel my barriers and ego may have led me to my demise.

I'm sorry if my posts don't make a whole lot of sense, trying to compose on my phone leaves my thoughts feeling rather partitioned.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome SashaD...I think your posts make perfect sense to all of us..
Old 02-17-2012, 12:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
instant

If we look there are opportunities and goodness everywhere. I wish you well.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Sacha - glad you've joined us

D
Old 02-17-2012, 07:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
~sb

Welcome!

Hugs,
Old 02-17-2012, 07:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good luck, Sasha. I'm newly recovery from binge drink on the weekends and many-a-time accompanying those binges with cocaine. Hopefully we can all support each other here and stay on board, plus you are in rehab. I read a book about heroin addiction a few years back called The Alcoholism and Addiction cure (misleading title). The guy who wrote it had a son who was addicted to heroin for years. They ended up starting Passages in CA I believe. It was a real uphill battle for the son to get off and stay off, but it is possible. I also had an aunt who was addicted to heroin the good part of her life. She contracted Hep C and died a few months ago. You are really lucky you never got anything and have a new chance at life. I try to remember that emotions, impulses, anxiety, pain... they are all fleeting. They will pass and you'll eventually regain your composure if you're ever having an urge. Push through it and it will pass into your self discipline. Stay strong.