Notices

Have ordered Es, am a recovering alcoholic

Old 02-17-2012, 05:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking Have ordered Es, am a recovering alcoholic

Hello,

I'm a recovering alcoholic, I feel so much better than I was...However I have done something which I know is playing with fire...I will have 10 E's by next week off a dealer and I was quite excited @ first but then I'm starting to get scared, in case it makes me want a drink...I've done E's before ages ago and didnt have a dependency on them, but I know I'm on dangerous territory.

I just want to have a high though, a nice buzz of an E. I'll stay in where there is no drink etc. Thats the plan. And I know I might be so off my head I end up in a bar, I know all this! I know all the facts so why the hell am I doing this? I should cancel the order now, shouldnt I?

Thanks and sorry I'm having a bad day, this Ecstacy stuff is making me nuts and they're not even here yet. I guess life feels abit mundane right now. I don't want to ruin my hard work and end up depressed again.

Thanks guys and girls
Old 02-17-2012, 05:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're doing these things because you're an addict, and it's easy to switch from one addiction to another.

And, yes, you should cancel the order.

In recovery, it's important to learn healthy ways to feel good and deal with life.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you. The thing is I am healthy. I enjoy my life usually. I eat well, I don't smoke. So why is taking an E 'unhealthy'? Just wondering how you reach that conclusion?
Old 02-17-2012, 06:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

This is from the Centre of Addiction and Mental Health:

The chemical name for ecstasy is 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine, or MDMA. The chemical structure and the effects of MDMA are similar to amphetamine (a stimulant) and to mescaline (a hallucinogen).

Ecstasy is made in illegal labs with chemicals and processes that vary from lab to lab. What’s sold as ecstasy often contains unknown drugs or other fillers.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober is Better

Originally Posted by WantingEcstacy View Post
Thank you. The thing is I am healthy. I enjoy my life usually. I eat well, I don't smoke. So why is taking an E 'unhealthy'? Just wondering how you reach that conclusion?
mentally E is unhealthy... ive done it before to replace alcohol but usually a week after a high you hit a very low low. I've been told by a friend of mine whose father is a doctor that the chemical levels in your brain try to realign themselves and it will make you depressed. at least for me depressed = want to drink. I'm not going to tell you what to do with your life, but if it were me i would cancel the order and stay away from it. Get a natural high, my favorite is running (even though i cant run far and after all that beer im sure im a sight to see jiggling down the side of the road LOL) but it works for me. Find something healthy you enjoy.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I just want to have a high though, a nice buzz of an E. I'll stay in where there is no drink etc. Thats the plan.
I've heard of better plans...Good luck.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Not sure why you came to an addiction support forum to argue about why ecstasy is okay. You're not likely to find anyone here who will agree with that. You certainly are not in recovery if you are using E and dealing with drug dealers. Why not try living life without drugs and see all the opportunities out there to make it exciting and fun without artificial enhancement.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I think it's rather obvious is it not? You want the "E's" in order to get a "buzz" because you like to have that "buzz". Like any addictive substance, you will build up a tolerance and need more and more "E's" to get that "buzz". Eventually you won't get much of a "buzz" but you will still need the stuff to feel what you call "normal". You will need more and more of that to feel that way and if you go on you will end up in the ER. That is if you aren't arrested first for using or distributing. Jail time will give you an opportunity to withdraw but when you get out the whole thing may very well start all over again. Is this what you want? Is this what you wanted to know or did you know that already?

W.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Idiot!

Getting out your box is getting out your box no matter what you take to achieve that. Ok the hit may differ from substance to substance but it's just you trying to get wrecked one way or the other. Very, very shaky ground you are on my friend.

Your decision will bring you no peace of mind whether you drink again or not. Try cancelling your order and see how you feel.

I think I understand how you feel BTW. Been there lol. Hang in there - this too shall pass.

Stu.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:31 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

The fact that you were excited but are now scared and nervous says something right there. I think you know that it is a very bad idea.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:17 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

P.S. There are over 300 persons (including 65 registered members) participating on this website at this moment. I would be very much surprised if any of these persons would be willing to tell you right now that it is O.K. for you to do what you say you plan on doing. You say you are a recovering alcoholic. How can you continue "recovering" from one addictive substance when you propose taking another addictive substance? It makes no sense and I honestly think that what you are trying to do is get us to help you realize that. Let us know what more we can do and do keep in touch on this website. Good luck.

W.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:46 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
~sb

Seriously?
Old 02-17-2012, 10:12 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hello,

I'm a recovering alcoholic, I feel so much better than I was...However I have done something which I know is playing with fire...I will have 10 E's by next week off a dealer and I was quite excited @ first but then I'm starting to get scared, in case it makes me want a drink...I've done E's before ages ago and didnt have a dependency on them, but I know I'm on dangerous territory.I just want to have a high though, a nice buzz of an E. I'll stay in where there is no drink etc. Thats the plan. And I know I might be so off my head I end up in a bar, I know all this! I know all the facts so why the hell am I doing this? I should cancel the order now, shouldnt I?

Thanks and sorry I'm having a bad day, this Ecstacy stuff is making me nuts and they're not even here yet. I guess life feels abit mundane right now. I don't want to ruin my hard work and end up depressed again.Thanks guys and girls

You have all your answers right here in your own words.

But if you need more encouragement, MDMA will flood your brain with the feel good chemicals while you are ingesting the E's. You know they make you mad thirsty. Your brain will be used to the artificial euphoria and will stop making your natural endorphins. So, when you run out of E's and come off your buzz, you'll be depressed until your brain starts up working hard again. Ask yourself if it's worth it.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:25 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Are you f"""""' nuts? That very same behavior has lead me to disastrous relapses. Think long and hard before moving forward with your brilliant plan...here's hoping you come to your senses.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:41 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Cancel the order.
You want to cure mundane with sitting indoors for hours junkin out on E?
C'mon. Be a little more imaginative than that. How bout fresh air? I jumped from a plane a while ago. 13,500 feet. What a freakin rush...talk about getting high.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:47 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Exclamation Holes in the brain.

This is SPECT scan of a normal brain.

This is SPECT scan of a brain ravaged by MDMA or Ecstasy.

Not good to say the very least.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:57 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I smell BS...
Old 02-17-2012, 11:16 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

The aftermath of E is depression because your serotonin levels will be depleted for a while. I've taken my share of E, so I know what I'm talking about. You'll be back on the bottle in no time if you pop 10 pills.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:17 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Considering the OP has posted twice, ever. I don't suspect they will be back.

*Unless they decide they want to get sober.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:10 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GirlFromCO View Post
I smell BS...
I agree, some of the posts lately seem hard to believe