Notices

One Step Forward Two Steps Back

Old 02-15-2012, 05:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One Step Forward Two Steps Back

Really hard day today felt like throwing in the towel but then realized not drinking wasn't a ticket to happiness and serenity. Humans have good and bad days and drinking it away is not an answer. The pups been driving me insane but luckily a shor drive and he has a licence. I really need SR rigfht now. The sun also rises. Thanks for listening. All I needed.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you for posting! It is so brave to reach out. Congratulations on not throwing in the towel, even though you had a yucky day. That is awesome. You are so right, drinking is not the answer. Congratulations!!!!! xo
Old 02-15-2012, 06:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

no situation is so bad that i can't make it worse by using...

yeh- life happens and some days the 'only' solace i take is that i am clean/sober . I try to remember: i am free to start my day over [had to do i today- found a time consuming screw up on my boat building...and hit my head on a clamp....and pulled a shelf full of wood off the wall]
And i play the video tape on to the end- yep, that final scene of me using is NEVER a pretty picture...

glad you chose not to use today
Old 02-15-2012, 06:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well I've been an inch away today but I guess that's enough just need support and humble enoughe to seek it. SR still rocks and I will go on. In fact guess I'll go listene to some rock and roll. Know I've been pissy lately with the PTSD crud but I won't quit
Old 02-15-2012, 06:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((Fitz))) - one of the hardest things for me to accept, in recovery, is that there are going to be bad days. I truly thought that by quitting the dope, my life was going to be GREAT!

Wrong. I've dealt with deaths of dear loved ones, 2 armed robberies - the 2nd getting pistol-whipped by a 14-year-old kid who would go on to murder people the next day, car problems, money problems, dental problems...you name it, I think I've been through it.

I did exactly what you did every time something came up..I came here...to the people who know and "get" me. I'm about to come up on 5 years, and I STILL come here when I feel good, off-balance, hurting, and every other feeling.

I've learned that life isn't all GREAT just because I got clean/sober. I've also learned that no matter what time of day it is, there is someone here who can relate, talk me back into sanity...whatever it takes.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 02-15-2012, 06:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

^ Amy said it all for me really
Hope tomorrow is better for you Fitz

D
Old 02-15-2012, 06:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Some days suck, glad you didn't pick up.

I find that most of my days are pretty ok, some are fantastic and some are just horrible. I just try to maintain some type of equilibrium as I deal with them. AA has helped me in this regard.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks all I just thank feeling normal again is abnormal. So many years drunk I just forgot feelings. It good to feel again even if the feeling hurts. Now I sound like a J Cash song. You all are the greatest support.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

It never goes away, Fitz, but the voice gets dulled out by the positive feelings. I love reading your posts every day ... very inspiring. You definitely sound like you're on your way to a wonderful new life (crazy puppy and all ... lol) Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.