Notices

my husband relapsed and I don't know what to do

Old 02-13-2012, 02:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy my husband relapsed and I don't know what to do

I have only been through 1 replase with my husband and it was really hard on me. He ended up going to jail for 3 weeks, then to a sober living for 90 days and it was really hard on our relationship. Now 7 months later, he relapsed again. I think this time I realized it once it already happened but he has denied it the last 3 days until this morning finally told me, but I am pretty sure he is only telling me the least of it. This time since he is on probation this was his last chance and will be going to jail for I am not sure how long. I know that I do not want to end our marriage at this point and am trying to get things in place so that I have somewhere to go once I can't pay the rent by myself, but my question is, how the heck to I get through it. How am I supposed to be okay with my husband being in jail and us being apart. How do I get through 6-12months of not having my husband greet me when I get home at night and have him missing from my bed every night and not seeing him everyday???? I am not sure I am strong enough to get through it.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So sorry to hear that...You have to take care of yourself first....Do you have any family you can look to for support?
Old 02-13-2012, 02:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Doah

I'm really sorry for your situation - but I know you'll find a lot of support here - this is a great community

You might like to check out our Family and Friends forums as well - lots of people there who've been through similar situations:

The Alcoholism and Addictions Help Forums- by SoberRecovery.com

Welcome
D
Old 02-13-2012, 02:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Al-Anon may be a big help for you. Should be at the front of your phone book.

Wishing you the best.

Bob R
Old 02-13-2012, 03:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome to the forum, doah -

So sorry to hear what you're going through..... The more support you can get, the better (and definitely check out the link Dee provided). I don't have any great advice, but I know that when things seem overwhelming it helps to take it one day at a time, one step at a time.

Sending thoughts and prayers.........
Old 02-13-2012, 04:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm very sorry that you're going through this, and hope you will find support here on our message board.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

doah:
So sorry to hear of your troubles! It won't be easy and it's very hard to know what to say. If this were happening to me I would try as much as possible to reach out to family, friends, others in the community, Alanon or otherwise, as well as this website (SR) or other websites. You need lots of support to get you through this. Others have been where you are right now and they've managed to survive. It will take great courage, guts and faith that somehow it can be done. Every good wish to you in your time of trouble.

W.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Really sorry for your awful situation, Doah. Alot of helpful suggestions already given. You're doing an important action on your part as you continue to prepare and help yourself: you're reaching out for help, support, and understanding. Very good that you continue with reaching out. Sorry things are so bleak just now. I hope things improve ASAP.