Notices

Day 7 and finally feeling better

Old 02-13-2012, 08:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking Day 7 and finally feeling better

Well last tuesday was the first day i didn't drink. I felt awful. Feeling much better now i've been to meetings every night and i have already found a strong sponsor who says he sees potential. I feel like my world has done a complete 180 in just a week!! I want to keep this train rollin down the tracks. I made it through my first weekend sober in a long time. Being a weekend binger, saturday was really hard, but i surrounded myself with AA friends for a BBQ, two meetings, and bowling that night. It was great. I did get a little nervous and shaky but i was able to call my sponsor and prayer got me through it (plus a really nice nap lol). Plus i want to thank everyone here for giving me hope as well. I'm trying to surround myself with as many positive influences as i can. But unfortunately i think im going to have to drop some 'friends' in the near future who are not supporting my sobriety. But ill cross that bridge when i get there. Thank you all for reading and being here.

Last edited by Imthatguy2012; 02-13-2012 at 08:31 AM. Reason: wanted to change the title
Old 02-13-2012, 08:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on a week! Fair warning, if you're anything like me, don't get overconfident .. it leads down a path to relapse.. The first week or two were the easiest for me, then I'd be right back on the binge wagon.. Keep it up!
Old 02-13-2012, 10:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thanks socaldude, i'm very worried about that myself i've been talking to my sponsor about it daily. I work during the week and i'm going to meetings every night and also on the weekends, i have to do 90 meetings in 90 days, if i miss one i start all over again. I'm hoping that 3 months of it will make it a routine and i can keep myself motivated.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations on the week and seeing a turn around right away. As the previous poster said, don't get complacent. Be sure to just take it one day at a time.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Imthatguy2012 View Post
thanks socaldude, i'm very worried about that myself i've been talking to my sponsor about it daily. I work during the week and i'm going to meetings every night and also on the weekends, i have to do 90 meetings in 90 days, if i miss one i start all over again. I'm hoping that 3 months of it will make it a routine and i can keep myself motivated.
Tell your sponsor you want to work the steps....And then throw everything you have in yourself into doing them....That's "How it Works". I was done with 1-9 in 90 days and live 10-12 everyday. It works.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

chapter 5 how it works is my reading for the first month then we are attacking the steps so im right there with you sapling and so is my sponsor, hes a strong sponsor which is what i need
Old 02-13-2012, 10:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats, keep on going!
Old 02-13-2012, 10:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

chapter 5 how it works is my reading for the first month then we are attacking the steps so im right there with you sapling and so is my sponsor, hes a strong sponsor which is what i need
You made my day....

P.S.....I hope you already read the Doctor's Opinion and chapters 1-4...
Old 02-13-2012, 10:29 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
~sb

Just keep moving forward! Your post was inspiring to me, Imthatguy!!
Old 02-13-2012, 10:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

i was told not to yet, he said read how it works then we will begin from the beginning and get back to how it works again and i will take much more out of it... so idk
Old 02-13-2012, 10:34 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

i was told not to yet, he said read how it works then we will begin from the beginning and get back to how it works again and i will take much more out of it... so idk
That's cool....Sponsors have their ways...He's probably doing what his sponsor taught him...And he's not drinking...So do what he says. Little advice...Have a dictionary with you as you read it....Don't be afraid to use it. Enjoy your journey...It's a wonderful thing.