The Death of a Great Mom

Old 02-12-2012, 08:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
dbh

The Death of a Great Mom

A mom that I have known for a number of years passed away on Friday. She was a wonderful person and a great mom. She has three children (ages 12-17) and was extremely active in our community. You could tell that she loved her children. She was very involved in their lives - volunteering in Girl Scouts, attending school events, etc. She was only in her early 40s. She was loved by many and will be greatly missed.

As I'm grieving the loss of a friend. I find myself also grieving for her children. I can't help thinking about all the major events in their lives that they are now going to have to experience without their mom. I'm sad for her too that she didn't get to experience this with her children.

I've been praying that they'll always be able to keep a piece of their mother with them. That they'll remember her love and how much they meant to her. They are strong kids with a supportive family so I'm pretty sure they will be fine.

This tragedy has got me thinking about how little control we have over the events in our lives. These kids got good parents and a stable home and it was taken away from them.

So many of us here didn't get that. I have/had parents who lived long lives but still went through many of my own life events alone or sometimes wishing I was alone.

So I find myself tonight praying for children who had good parents taken away from them too soon and for children who never had good parents at all.

May we all find a way to feel loved and secure. May we also find the strength to be the parent that we need for the rest of our journey.

Not sure if this makes sense, but I really needed to share.

Thank you for listening.

db
Old 02-12-2012, 09:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend dbh - prayers for her kids, her family and all who knew and loved her.

D
Old 02-12-2012, 09:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

dbh, what a great post, incredibly heartfelt, I'm sure these kids are very lcuky to have you in their lives, so sorry for all of you.

I have a piece, it is way to long to post here but the gist is that God loans us to the world, he calls for us when he needs us. Your friend must have been a great asset to God for him to call her away from all the great work she was doing here.

Please know my prayers will be with you and them.

Big hugs,

Bill
Old 02-13-2012, 02:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I lost a friend a few years ago that had two children and a great marriage. She was a lovely mom also. It's so unfair isn't it? I'm so sorry for your loss.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

dbh,Sorry to Hear of Such a Sad Story.
My Brother Died when his Daughter was only 3,I had to tell her All about Him.
Her husband Was Murdered only a Couple of Years Ago.....How sad is That.

Yes,I often ask myself the Same thing....Why Me,Alcoholic,Benzo Addict, Clean and Sober now 26 years,why do I still suffer so much.

We all get our Different Journeys to Eternity......In this Valey Of Tears We have to Trust that in the Long Run , A Higher Power will make sense of it all.....to us.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm sorry for your loss. Having a very good friend for a period of time is priceless.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Many loving thoughts to all of you, dbh. To you as her friend, and to her children and family.

It does give us all something to think about very deeply, doesn't it?

I'm so sorry for your loss, and for theirs.