Notices

Starting over, have to get serious.

Old 02-12-2012, 07:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Starting over, have to get serious.

Well what do you know, almost exactly a year from my join date and I am back after a year run. I stayed clean a few months because I was trapped in my parents house but as soon as I got out I was off to the races. I am a jekyl/hyde alcoholic as well as an abuser of any drug I can get my hands on. Addiction is strong in my family, killed two uncles so far, my grandfather, and another uncle is in intensive care right now with essentially liver failure from drinking. I have absolutely no control when I drink. None, zero, black out 99 percent of the time. When I blackout I don't pass out, I stay up for hours terrorizing anyone and everything around me. I don't physically harm anyone but I say outrageous things, sometimes very violent, sometimes just offensive, and down right scare people. I also have a very bad habit of driving under the influence. I can't list everything that I have been through at the moment because emotions are like a freight train right now. We can sum it up to about 10 or more alcohol related arrests and im 23 years old. Damaged vehicles, embarrased loved ones, lost a girlfriend years ago that I really "think" I loved. Haven't had a girlfriend in nearly 3 years because of my addictions. I graduate from University in 5 months. Thats all for now, any help will be appreciated. Parents have been going to al anon for nearly 2 years now every week. They can't take anymore, but more importantly I can't take anymore. Thanks for allowing me to rant. Love and support to all, it sure isn't easy.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Your parents have the right idea, perhaps AA would help you. I did me.

Best of luck.

Bob R.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome (back), StayingSoberr -

Get lots of support and put everything you have into getting sober - it worth it!
Old 02-12-2012, 10:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
instant

Alcohol is not the solution. Do you have a plan? It is not clear if you are still drinking.

You got sober before so thinking about what enabled you to do that would help.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
savvas

I am very similar to you and have to found myself in custody on numerous occasions I GOT arrested on friday for drink driveing the secound time around and as I am a plumber who relies on my van thats totally screwed that one. I just went through my first night sober in sixteen years I hope I can kick the filthy habbit !. Reality is if it wasent for alchoal and drugs 99 percent of my problems wouldnt have happened I bet thats not far of the same for you mate, dont take a rocket scientist TO tell us weve got a problem the alchoal and drugs have caused you to do many things your ashamed of as me, you would not have done them sober! change your life today good luck dont beat yourself any more
Best Wishes
Old 02-13-2012, 07:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~sb

Welcome! You can stay stopped, too!! Area 62 - South Carolina Alcoholics Anonymous They may have a young people group near you!
Old 02-13-2012, 08:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back!

You don't have to continue the downward spiral. You can stop drinking and turn your life around. Do you have the motivation to do whatever it takes to stop drinking? I hope so, and please know that you will find lots of support here.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone, no I am currently not drinking and planning on attending AA. Have no car but won't allow it to be an excuse, thanks everyone.