Notices

Give it time it really does better.

Old 02-12-2012, 08:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Give it time it really does better.

Good morning SR.

As I got up this cold morning and just relaxed and did some morning reading and meditation, I was able to look back many years to 8 months ago. June 20 th was the day for me when that first half effort to quite came to mind . Also is when I attended my first AA meeting. For the seed was planted. It got watered but not fully , because I grab hold to the program but wasnt ready to fully let go of that security of the bottle. I stayed clean for a couple months then slipped for a week , then sober a couple weeks , on so on. But keep going back and welcomed with a smile and open arms. I was not going to "leave before the mircale happens." Its been before the new year now , and I really feel at peace without that bottle today. I am not sure of the exact day and it truly isnt that important as TODAY. But since I didnt know I moved my sober date to Jan. 1. I am 40 years old and drank everyday since I was 19. So the way I looked at last year was a success. If I added up those sober days from june to the new year. It would be 4 months. If I added up all the days since I was 19 , it wouldnt even come close to 4 months. So I took that and made it a postive , and made this the year.

I share that just for anyone new or that keeps slipping. We all get here and hopefully "get it" before it gets us. But you can do it .

In order to stay sober , I had to learn to want to stay stopped more than I wanted to have that drink. And when I came into AA I trully from the bottom of my heart and mind couldnt think of life without that drink. So I was taught I needed to stop on faith, on that faith that someday down the road I would want to have a life without that drink. As I came in those rooms I had no faith no beliefs left, only one thing I had a higher power "the drink" and I needed to leave that for a real faith in a Higher Power. So as I have grown in the program I have enjoyed life without the drink. I continue to be grateful and remain teachable. For today I am SOBER and just love this life.

Enjoy your sunday all- and Smile cause sobriety looks good on YOU.

Good love, Inda
Old 02-12-2012, 10:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
dopeless hope fiend

restored to sanity...

that's it in a nutshell for me. things got better. then life happened, and some of it royally sucked. but in sobriety i get to live life a "normal" person, with all it's up's and downs. it's a wonderful thing to not but stuck in that horrible suffering.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

I hope everyone had a nice sunday. I sure enjoyed mine. Relaxed little housework, snacking all day, and mindsless tv this afternoon and evening.

On to Monday. Week 3 of the new job.

Sleep well.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

And it keeps getting better...

A friend who recently celebrated 40 yrs sobriety said that she learned more in the last 10 than the first 30.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 02-12-2012, 05:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It really does get better. I was much the same, I couldn't imagine life w/out alcohol. But my HP opened my eyes to see things clearly.
No more insanity, no more slipping.
I am free & it is awesome to live one day at a time.

Stay strong newbies. It can be done!
Old 02-12-2012, 05:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

August, suffering is exactly what it is.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

What a nice day, the sun came back out. And a nice day of work.

Now home to relax and have a nice dinner.