Notices

One week done - My 7 Day report!

Old 02-08-2012, 05:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One week done - My 7 Day report!

This time last week I was halfway through my final drinking binge. When I wake up (sober) tomorrow I will have been dry for a week.

It actually feels pretty good right now but I have had some real problems with anxiety and panic, not helped by a sinus infection - let's face it, feeling dizzy when you are already half way to a panic attack is not really the best!

The good news though is that I seem to have come through the sense of boredom and feeling like I won't find pleasure in anything again. I've enjoyed some simple things, ironically the kind of things I enjoyed before I started on drink and drugs in my teens - being creative on the computer, reading and shopping.

I've done a lot of healthy eating and cut right back on caffeine too, which I think is essential for the anxiety. Tonight I had a Chinese takeaway and 250ml of diet coke and it felt like a major treat!

Have only dealt with one major trigger thing so far which was going for a restaurant meal before the theatre. Oh boy did I want wine, but I didn't have any, and as a result the bill seemed tiny! I also noticed that although most other people in the restaurant were drinking, they were only drinking in moderation - a small beer or a glass of wine - my wife and I wouldn't have hesitated to order a bottle usually, and we would have been sure to have more drinks after the theatre too. We treated ourselves to a cab home instead, in place of using the train!

Some bigger challenges are imminent - am meeting someone in a bar tomorrow and visiting friends who I usually drink with on Saturday, but I have told everyone in advance that I'm on the wagon, so hopefully there will be no peer pressure.

I know I'm not in any way out of the woods yet, but after a very difficult few days, I seem to have arrived at the first whole week really quickly...and it's nice to know I'm going to wake up feeling fresh again tomorrow.

Old 02-08-2012, 05:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratualtions on your week fountainhead

D
Old 02-08-2012, 05:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Keep it up...If you feel uncomfortable in the bar...Have a way to get out.....I don't know....I couldn't go near a bar or drinking buddies my first week....Do what you got to do.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations on one week fountainhead You sound positive and strong and like you are making the right steps. I too cut out caffiene last weekend due to my anxiety. That withdrawal was worse than coming off alcohol haha But much less anxious now. It's amazing how well our body's respond and so quickly. Maybe you should have a game plan in case you feel pressured to drink while out...I know that helps me.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you for the good wishes :-)

Gameplan for tomorrow is to start on a juice and then have a diet coke and a cigarette when I feel like I need "something"...then it's straight home to bed....!
Old 02-08-2012, 05:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Old 02-08-2012, 05:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Fountainhead,

WTG on one week!!!! It keeps getting better!
Old 02-08-2012, 05:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Awesome job on the week, keep it going!