Notices

Bad day, but better than this time last year.

Old 02-08-2012, 02:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Bad day, but better than this time last year.

I just thought I would share that I had a hard day at work. Being new at this job I am trying hard, but also as that alcoholic that I am , I want everything and I want it now. So as it ended today on the walk home I was able to just relax and sort of drift of and meditate.

And I was able to go back to this morning and when I was calm and full of peace ready to start another day. After praying to my higher power and sitting in silence to get focused. I thought how it was in the morning , that is if I got up then usually afternoon. But anyway then it would be off to the kitchen to pull out a bottle and have a couple shots to get moving. And now it is just so nice to wake and stroll threw the morning felling wonderful. Granted it takes a little while since I do love sleep . LOL but after a half hour or so I truly feel blessed. That I no longer chase that dragon, which I thought I loved so dearly. I mean lets face it, drinking was fun for many many years. I dont know when that line really crossed over to drinking to survive but it happened. And once those claws were in me , it took death or a coma starring at me to make me even think maybe I should try to stop and live.

I absolutly didnt think I could live without drinking anymore. But by the grace and help of others , taking advice , meeting, prayer(because I only did that when I was in trouble), and meetings. I am being shown I can do it. And enjoy it at the same time. I just enjoy sobriety so much now , and when I think man, a drink would be so nice. I have to think about it , tomorrow morning how will I like it then. No thank you.

For a bad day now is so much better than a good day drinking. Because I am here and in the moment even if its bad. And soon this will to pass.

Good love all. Inda .

Old 02-08-2012, 02:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing Inda. I've had some rough days lately and it is still better going through it sober than with a hangover or drunk.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Just hang in there the main thing is to
never give up, at first we might have to
go one minute at a time then build up
to one day at a time. And don't be afraid
to tell on your emotions
Old 02-08-2012, 03:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

Hey Inda, I too have had a rough go these past few days. But then I realized, I'm here, sober, not hungover. And I'm dealing with the un-fun stuff that's happening much better than if I was drinking. So hang in there. Today feels better to me, so I know it will for you too. Drinking can always make it worse!
Old 02-08-2012, 07:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Thanks all,

It was just a little phase for the day. I was in no way struggling. Just remembering what the last 20 plus years were like. Since June my sobriety had a couple slips. But I continued to always get right back up on this wagon.

So for this year I am still sober. And tomorrow I will get up and enjoy it all over again.

Sleep well
Old 02-09-2012, 05:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

thanks for sharing
Old 02-09-2012, 05:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey Inda...I found your post inspiring. I think that is really the challenge. Life continues when you don't drink. Problems/challenges occur, thats life. BUT, they are so much easier to handle when you are not drinking and hiding from them.

Sounds like from reading your posts that you are truly growing as a person. Happy for you.

Keep posting!

Jim
Old 02-09-2012, 06:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks for the post Inda.

God bless.