I caught myself

Old 12-17-2003, 06:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I caught myself

I was on my way to pick up my son from daycare last night, thinking of going to see the Christmas lights display at the local State park. On the one hand, it was a good night for it; since the temperatures were up and there was no chance of the wet roads freezing. On the other hand, I had a lot of things to do.
"I don't know," I thought to myself. "I think I'm just too busy tonight."
"WHAT?" said the voice of my true self (also known as The Kid). "You are TOO BUSY to go see the Christmas lights? Are you nuts?"
I immediately back burnered all the busywork and we went to see the lights.
The Kid is so smart. I need to listen to her more often.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 12-17-2003, 06:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Kids really know how to do it right. I watched them one day. They just move from one thing to the next without thinking about it. They just take it as it comes and make it fun.

I can remember doing that. I just have to remember how I did it.

Good for you Gabe.

Old 12-17-2003, 06:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Good for you Gabe.

It's just too easy to get caught up in "busyness" when we should take time for fun. I too am trying to remember to play and just have fun and leave the busyness for another time.

Hugs
Ann
Old 12-17-2003, 08:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Me four! I'm gonna drive home the long way and look at the lights!
Old 12-18-2003, 04:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good for you Gabe.....I love the Christmas lights!!!

I was just contemplating how to SLOW DOWN MY LIFE....it is flying by and I am running around putting out "fires".....if I don't figure out something soon, my whole life will pass me by and I will still be washing clothes or paying bills or cleaning or ....you get the message.

My New Years resolution is to figure out a way to simplify!!!!

Merry Christmas.....hope y'all enjoy the lights!!

Constant
Old 12-18-2003, 09:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Paused

LMAO! You are all SO wonderful! I enjoy looking at the Christmas lights, but never go out of my way to do so (not for at least 20 years...to one of those neighborhoods that you see on the news).

Each year, driving home from the babysitter's, I tell myself, and my daughter, one evening we have to take the long way home and see some of the lights and displays. We never really did take the long way home, just took in whatever was on our way. Mom was always just wanting to get home.

Driving home alone on my commute, I drive through some great mountain passes, and this year, I have been wishing my A was with me to see the lights scattered all across the mountainsides...he's never been up this particular way during the Holidays. Well, maybe next year we can. BUT...2 days ago I was fortunate to be home early enough to pick up my daughter who will be 10 years old tomorrow, and...we DID take the long way home. We're going to find another long way again before this season is over.

Happy Holidays to all!

Chalkie
(just begging to see the HUGE blown up snowman blow out of someone's front yard and float over the rooftops!)
Old 12-18-2003, 10:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am so guilty of not slowing

I just know my daughter would love more time and attention! Everyday I think this will be the day I won't do antyhing but whatever she wants to do when I get home from work. I am the queen of "Yes, you're right honey, we're going to do that real soon."

But who has time when you are trying to run the world and make sure no one screws anything up? And then theres all I have to do to make sure absolutely no one is angry or disappointed or hurt. And then there's the time I need to think through everything that could go wrong so I can make contingency plans for those. Then my self-pity time... etc

:-)
Old 12-18-2003, 12:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Oh yes, where is the KID when you need her? Maybe I can look at the lights tonight?