Money Issues....

Old 02-08-2012, 11:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Money Issues....

SO.....after swearing on his kids lives that he would give me some money this week....I get the call.....
Sorry I have no money this week...my wages are low and I have to pay my rent....quack quack quack.
Not only that.... but it is our youngest's birthday on Sunday and he has no money to contribute to his present OR his party.
But thats ok...I have taken care of it all anyway and didn't expect he would "cough up".
Although I am not surprised by this...I am also not annoyed by it either....its freaky that I stayed calm during the call and now am still calm and doesn't cost me a 2nd thought.
I am doing better than I thought!!!
M.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am doing better than I thought!!!
Wow! You are doing fantastic! You prepared for the inevitable. Remained calm.
Excellent!

Beth
Old 02-08-2012, 11:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

my xABF had two young children to his ex. same story, down to swearing on his wee ones lives...

i'm not defending him, but as i witnessed this replay year after year, i know that xABF had every intention of sending the money but somehow always drank it. and then the grief, guilt and anguish would descend on him, and he would drink more because he knew he was letting his kids down. it's a horrible disease.

thank goodness you are there for your children. his ended up wards of the state.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Way to go Milly! You had no expectations, you managed to stay calm through the quacking. Best of all you made sure your child had a good birthday even though HE didn't contribute. You're doing great!