Notices

Achieving a peaceful mind

Old 02-07-2012, 01:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Achieving a peaceful mind

Hello SR friends and family, well its just another great day in this journey. I got home from work and was hear reading and watching the news. And have some time before I leave for my home group meeting. We are getting everything ready for next week, on tuesdays when we have our meeting there is also a Al anon meeting next door. And on Valentines Day they celebrate 62 years. So each year we have a meeting together. Its great. Anyway just thought I would share some of my days

As long as we have memories, yesterday remains; as long as we have hope, tomorrow awaits. As long as we have Friendship, each day is never a waste.

One of the best things I have gained in this journey is friends and a real sense of serenity and peace of mind. In that past life, the old life , the drinking and drugging life, I had no peace of mind or serenity, I thought at times I did but that was all false and only a brief time of complete numbness. The turmoil and daily desperation was caused all the things that caused the next day to start. The awful hangovers, sweating even when cool, shaking so badly I couldnt write. But these were all the physical sufferings that I thought I needed to fix every day with a drink. But I was by then now hiding all the emotional suffering which came from all those years. All the lies, feeling inferior, and loneliness. Which I think any and all alcoholics can relate to. But in AA have found true friends that really care if I am there or not, and all these things have brought such a peace of mind, and that serenity.

Of course not all day every day is a bed of roses.But as long as I pray to my god and trust in him to make it work out okay, he will. As long as I just try to always do the right thing , everything will happen just like it is supposed to.

Well everyone enjoy your evening and smile , cause sobriety looks good on ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Good love, Inda
Old 02-07-2012, 07:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Well home from the meeting and having some dinner and bed.

Another beautiful day.

Sleep well all.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Thanks Inda!
Old 02-08-2012, 04:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

thank you for sharing that