Notices

Everyday gaining more and more gratitude

Old 02-06-2012, 01:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Everyday gaining more and more gratitude

What a wonderful weekend sober bowl was. Went into work today feeling good and knowing what happened in the game. Did not have to fake it. Each and every day of this wonderful journey my higher power shows me something. As long as I ask for help everyday and say thank you at nite it will continue to guide me.

One exercise that I practice is to try for a full inventory of my blessings and then for a right acceptance of the many gifts that are mine--both temporal and spiritual. Here I try to achieve a state of joyful gratitude. When such a brand of gratitude is repeatedly affirmed and pondered, it can finally displace the natural tendency to congratulate myself on whatever progress I may have been enabled to make in some areas of living.

Everyone just keep going one day at a time

Good love, Inda
Old 02-06-2012, 07:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

On a dark night, the bright lights of the comer tavern look mighty inviting. Inside, there seems to be warmth and good cheer. But we don't stop to think that if we go in there we'll probably end up drunk, with our money spent and an awful hangover. A long mahogany bar in the tropical moonlight looks like a very gay place. But you should see the place the next morning. The chairs are piled on the tables and the place stinks of stale beer and cigarette stubs. And often we are there too, trying to cure the shakes by gulping down straight whiskey.

And that sums up , why today is another beautiful sober day come to an end. On to tomorrow.

Sleep well all
Old 02-06-2012, 08:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you. That was very uplifting. Something I needed to hear during this difficult time.