Notices

Following on from the vitamin thread-Bloating?

Old 02-06-2012, 04:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Following on from the vitamin thread-Bloating?

Hello

I read with interest what other people take on the vitamin thread. I am taking a multi vit and B complex everyday. When I stopped drinking the bloatedness in my lower stomach reduced but I still have a bloated upper stomach almost between the rib cage. I know my cake intake isn't helping (!)so am really starting to concentrate on my diet this week and reduce sugar. I just wondered if anyone takes a probiotic or anything similar. Not asking for medical advice of course just wondered what others experiences were and if it took longer for the bloated upper stomach to reduce.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good question, just. I am having a similar issue. I don't have an answer, but probiotics seem like a very good idea. Worth trying.

Anybody else?

-Poppies
Old 02-06-2012, 09:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I can only suggest a healthy diet, lower in fat, sugar and carbs...veggies and fruit with fiber and some exercise. Your body fat may be too high from the alcohol. it's not going to go away overnight. repair takes time. If you can see a difference, try a weekly pic with the phone and a tape measure.

congrats on paying attention to your body too!
Old 02-06-2012, 10:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Fandy and Poppies

Yes I am definitely overweight but have lost 15 pounds since stopping drinking. My tummy seems unnaturally still bloated though, compared to the rest of me. I do need to cut out sugar and on verge of intolerance so will be concentrating that. I do eat mainly a healthy diet otherwise, just this dam bloating

I've bought some probiotics off Amazon today Poppies so will let you know how I get on with them