Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

February 6 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 02-05-2012, 04:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

February 6 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

Even after the alcoholic has become sober, I will not expect life to be free from difficulty and worry. I will accept the usual upsets that occur in family life, realizing that they may have come into sharper focus now that they are no longer obscured by The Bottle.

I will take disappointments as they come, always reminding myself that the blessing of sobriety should make them easier to take, if I use them as enriching experiences. This attitude on my part will help to draw our family closer together.

TODAY’S REMINDER

Troubles are opportunities to grow, to make us better, not bitter. Rightly used, we can learn from them not to repeat our own mistakes. Once freed from the problem of active alcoholism, we are free to devote ourselves to solving all other problems as they arise.

“Let me never forget to be grateful for the good things in my life, and especially for the sobriety that will help restore our whole family to sanity and serenity.”
Old 02-06-2016, 04:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This right here says it all for me today

“Let me never forget to be grateful for the good things in my life, and especially for the sobriety that will help restore our whole family to sanity and serenity.”