Notices

Day 8..WOW..feeling more organized

Old 02-04-2012, 10:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 8..WOW..feeling more organized

OK I made it a week....had a few days of wanting to go out..but didnt. It felt good to come to work today (hairstylist) and not have a serious hangover..REALLY feels GREAT! Its a slow rainy day ...and feels good just to be able to catch up on cleaning and emailing and brought my journal and beads to work to have sumthing to do if its slow. (so far it is). Last night i went home and cleaned my kitchen and cooked dinner.....put on a crock pot for tomorrow...and put clean sheets on my bed. Put on Jammies and cuddled with a down pillow for a night of cozy TV. Havnt done that in a long time on a fri night. Im getting invites to superbowl sunday, next hurdle to get thru, But feeling pretty good about sobriety and prob gonna watch it with my 85 yr old dad. He is why Im in TX, to watch over him...Maybe gonna make sum non fat yummies to munch and some Sweat tea or diet coke! Sounds like a fun jammie day with daddy (Im 56) lol.thanks for the support.....pals! Shakin has gotten better and essentially I feel pretty good....no bags under my eyes...got lots of sleep this last week! ahhhhhhhhhzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
Old 02-04-2012, 10:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats, keep up the good work.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

I'm on Day 8 too so had to answer your post!! I think we are both doing well!! :rotfxko
I wish I was sleeping as well as you are though ~that remains my worst problem.
I also find tv more enjoyable now ~ maybe our minds are so much clearer?!
Waking up each morning to know that once more you did not drink the previous day is good isn't it?
All the very best!
Old 02-04-2012, 10:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good job Alonealot. So cool you get to spend that time with you dad. I'm gonna be watching the game with my wife and kids. That's what we do every year. Just don't like being around rowdy drunks.

Keep on going!

God bless.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on your week

D
Old 02-04-2012, 01:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good job! It's refreshing to here such an uplifting and positive post! Thanks!
Old 02-04-2012, 02:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sounds a lot like how I feel today. Last Sat. I finally admitted I'm an alcoholic, and realized I can't drink, and haven't since then. I went to my first AA meeting today, and felt pretty hopeful afterwards. Your screen name hits me close to home-I have 5 kids, but only one at home (she's 16 and gone alot), and being alone is hard for me, but I'm trying to adjust to being alone AND sober.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR EyeReallyBlewIt

D
Old 02-04-2012, 02:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Alonealot, we're same age, sounds like were feeling and doing alot the same as far as this sober new life goes. I have hung new curtains in three rooms cleaned out my closet and dusted everything I could get my hands on. I also like getting my jammies on, falling asleep sober and knowing I'm going to wake up feeling great. I'm on day 17. Going to work is even seeming enjoyable. Its like....what a relief to feel normal again. Take good care of yourself. I am sure your dad enjoys having you around!