Notices

Superbowl is coming and those BEER ADS, GRRR

Old 02-03-2012, 04:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Superbowl is coming and those BEER ADS, GRRR

Superbowl is a few days away and all those Budweiser ADS will be pop up every commercial break. That's no joke EVERY break. People having fun and drinking but what about the aftermath. SRS, people who drink cheap beer most likely want to get drunk on it. Most people who don't have a drinking problem but the import stuff. SRS but my point is that Alcohol is still drug. A legal drug and we need to remember that. It's a drug that I believe most people will abuse it at some time of their life. Some will get a mild hangover and others will OD on it.

Anyway why is it okay to get drunk on your 21th birthday. Makes no sense. People can die from it. It's almost a right of passage in some places in the world. It's just not right and we get trap in that life and makes use go in a depression. It shows that alcohol will not be look down like pack of cigg are and it's a shame. It's just a shame!!! SRS

Stay sober on Superbowl weekend.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I agree. I struggle when I watch TV and see people drinking wine. I don't know why it just really makes me crave wine.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Drink Responsibly at the end of all the beer ads. What a joke! I would bet anything that if those ads were in real life. Most people would be drunk and pass out like in the real life.

I'm not saying to ban alcohol but lets get real about this stuff.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yeah, that sucks. Luckily any cravings go away after a month sober.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

yeah, it's pretty pathetic. As soon as I got sober, I realized I pass 3 billboards on the way to work advertising beer and hard liquor. It is everywhere, TV/movies/advertisements. Cigarette ads were banned in the US, why not alcohol?
Old 02-03-2012, 06:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

You know what i realized though? They're all lies. All of them. Especially the "Great times are waiting, grab some buds" Great times my ass, lol. That is the marketing strategy of all these beer and liquor companies. Drinking is fun it gets you hot girls and fast cars, blah blah blah. Well it got me nowhere so now I laugh at those stupid ads.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Awakening...

Superbowl? Beer? I barely even noticed any beer. The longer you stay sober, beer just becomes a non-issue.
I like that.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You have a point about the 21st birthday thing as well. When I turned 21 I hardly ever drank and felt like I was supposed to go out and party so I did even though I didn't like drinking at that point. Messed up!
Old 02-03-2012, 09:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

Originally Posted by saphira View Post
You have a point about the 21st birthday thing as well. When I turned 21 I hardly ever drank and felt like I was supposed to go out and party so I did even though I didn't like drinking at that point. Messed up!
See i drank way before 21 so it was no big deal to me.