Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

February 3 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 02-03-2012, 12:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

February 3 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

When I say to myself that I am going to turn all my problems over to God, this does not give me the leave to shirk my responsibilities. I have been given certain tools with which to run my life, and the free will to use them. They include judgment, intelligence, good will and the power to reason. Perhaps much of my trouble stems from having misused these tools. Judgment may have been warped by resentment, my intelligence by failure to face issues honestly. Good will can be lost when we are unable to be tolerant of the faults of others. The power to reason can be dulled when we fail to detach ourselves from the emotional content of a problem.

TODAY’S REMINDER

When I am desperate enough to ask for help, I will not expect it to come in the form of easy solutions. I must play a part in solving my problems, but my Higher Power will provide the guidance and the strength to take the right action.

“I pray for the wisdom to understand my difficulties clearly and honestly, and for the strength to do something constructive about them. I know I can count on God’s help in this.”