Notices

New here and day 1 sober. Eeek!

Old 02-02-2012, 05:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New here and day 1 sober. Eeek!

Hi I just joined. The love of my life is in long term inpatient drug treatment and I decided to jump on the sober wagon with him. No one rlly knows how much I drink but me and I am starting to b honest with myself. Needing sober friends...the last time I attempted to stop drinking I didn't have much support and as soon as I started having withdrawals I gave up and drank myself to sleep. I am scared to death!
Old 02-02-2012, 05:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome Shames!

Well, you have lots of support now...... It's a bit scary at first, but getting sober is the best things I've ever done for myself. I was tired of being depressed and anxious all the time and obsessing over when I could drink.

Stick around - things are going to get better! Congrats, by the way, on making a great decision!
Old 02-02-2012, 05:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

to SR
Old 02-02-2012, 05:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Shames...

I'm also new. I just found this site on Monday, January 30. After drinking a couple of bottles of wine on the 29th and having a horrible night, I decided the time had come to give up drinking altogether.

One of my favorite sections of this forum is "Stories of Recovery". There are some truly fascinating stories. You may want to read some of them; they are so inspiring.

Alcohol abuse is serious and extremely dangerous and it will take a 100% commitment on our part to give ourselves a chance for a happy ending.

Welcome and best of luck.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Shames & Masanori. Welcome to SR, and Shames congrads on your first day; way to go buddy!!!! This site may be just what you were looking for, check it out~~~!
Old 02-02-2012, 05:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Hey Shames! I understand your fear, but nothing is more scary than staying the pit of addiction. You've made an awesome choice for your life. Glad you found us and we will support you throughout your journey.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

thank u so much for your warm welcomes and support. I got to talk to my darlin on the phone today and am actually greatful we cant see each other in this state. Its day 3 for us both and so far the hardest. He has meds to take some of the edge off. I am a little jeaous. I apologize for crappy grammar and punctuation. I am on a cheap mobile. I feel like yuk. I am realizing how bad it rlly was judging by the pain my body is in. Just want to say thank u b4 i keep rambling on and say something ridiculous. Sweet dreams everyone
Old 02-04-2012, 09:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi shames

remember, if you feel really bad, seek some professional medical help. Detox can be pretty hard going sometimes.

you're among friends here - good to have you with us

D
Old 02-05-2012, 07:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi shames, welcome to SR
I can really appreciate your effort for your man, having a sober mate helps tremendously!! Hang in there.
Old 02-05-2012, 07:51 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Having that running partner will help, but it all comes down to you. Perhaps you should write yourself a few letters about how you are currently feeling, how you will feel if you drink, and how you ultimately would like to see yourself in a few months to a few years, and date them to be opened in a few days, a week, a month, ect.
Old 02-05-2012, 07:53 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:13 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Shames79

Posting here is a start. Keep posting!
Old 02-05-2012, 08:19 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Day 3 for me now as well...again. As someone's sig said "Failure is not getting knocked down...it's not getting back up." Got some medical help from the doc and a lot of the yuk factor is fading. If you can it helps getting through those first 4320 minutes. Hang in there
Old 02-05-2012, 08:34 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome Shames! I am new here also. You will find great advice and wonderful people who are on the same path that we are on!! Congratulations and God bless! Lind
Old 02-05-2012, 09:30 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR shames! So glad to hear you are taking such a positive albeit difficult step. You will find a ton of support here...there are many threads and information to read. Hugs
Old 02-06-2012, 09:59 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

you folks rawk my face off. I am feeling a lot better today. I take antisiezure meds anyway so the doc gave me some xanax. Im not big on pills and dont wanna trade one problem for another so Im just taking them before bed. Its day 5. I finally kept some food down today so feeling ok. A little shakey and ancy but better. Talked to the mister and he is going to have to leave in two days before they have a bed open for him in the mass unit. It is the most riduculous thing I have heard of. I love and miss him but I dont want him home yet. I am so afraid he is gonna screw up and lose his treatment program. Regardless I am sticking to staying sober. Got a meeting tomorrow evening and a good friend to go with. I dont know how to handle the man coming home just yet. I think it is a terrible idea. Thank u so much guys and gals. Your support is giving me strength. Now I just need sleep and its just not coming easy.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:51 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
instant

It's a big step well done Shames