Notices

Need help starting suboxone

Old 02-02-2012, 06:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need help starting suboxone

Hello I am a single mother of 2 boys and I am addicted to roxy's have been using for almost two years started out after I had my two year old doctor prescriped percocet and went from there I take anywhere from 4-8 a day of 30mg roxy's by mouth and at night I take 2 0.5 mg xanax.... I am ready to be clean went to the doctor last week got prescription for 8mg suboxone sincen I all alone I am scared of going thru horrible withdrawls and still being a mother and working My question is how long should I wait before takeing suboxone I have heard I have to wait at least 24 hours from my last time I took a roxy myb doctor was the "smartest" and I went to him just to get suboxone I am also planning on going to meetings for support cause I know suboxone alone will not help my future cravings I can not wait to be the mother my kids deserve .I finally told my other yesterday about my addiction I have been ablke to hide it for almost 2 years I felt I had to let someone know and boy did it feel good to tell her Thanks for any advice I get from you guys!!
Old 02-02-2012, 06:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

I don't have personal experience with this, but we have a section on these forums for this topic.
Suboxone/Methadone Maintenance or Detox - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Welcome to the boards, and looking forward to sharing recovery with you.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
dopeless hope fiend

ask your doctor