Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

February 2 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 02-02-2012, 12:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

February 2 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

The Second Step of the Twelve is the one that opens the door to understanding and growth. We have admitted our helplessness and our inability to manage our lives, then we are ready to “…believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.”

Do I find it shocking to admit that my thinking was not sane, that I reacted in an unreasonable manner to the alcoholic’s activities? Let me look back at the First Step for proof! But now I realize there is available to me a Power to which I can turn for help. This is a Power greater than we are. If we accept this, we gain a more realistic insight into our relation to the Universe.

TODAY’S REMINDER

I can attain real dignity, importance and individuality only by admitting my dependence on a Power which is great and good beyond anything I can imagine or understand. I want to use this help in making all my decisions. Even though my little human mind cannot figure out what the outcome will be, I am confident that whatever comes will be for my ultimate good.

“Thank God I am not dependent on my own resources alone. Having tried to bring order and meaning into my life without God’s help, I will not step aside and let Him take over.”