Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Fatigue..I replied this to a post but thought I would ask,why I would feel like this

Notices

Fatigue..I replied this to a post but thought I would ask,why I would feel like this

Old 02-01-2012, 07:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I have been extremely fatigue and have had a buzzing in my head!(I think the buzzing is from being tired..I know it sounds crazy) I tried to tell my husband about it and he looked at me like I was crazy...glad to see I'm not the only one. I started my sobriety with lots of energy the first few weeks (lots!!) and then it seemed to go away..my energy is so gone!!....not sure why...but happy to be 32 days sober just working thru the tiredness/no energy. Why would I feel like this now and not the beginning.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

This will change. you're more aware. after this, I was so tired, that evened out, too.

alcohol is a depressant & is powerful. our nerves need time to get normal. keep staying stopped. if you drink again, then stop, all of this "recovery stuff" gets worse. our "disease" progresses even when we don't drink/use. stay stopped & let everything heal.
peace,
Old 02-01-2012, 07:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I'm not sure, but it could be the adrenaline we have when starting something new. We're all gung-ho about it, but after a few weeks, it's not so new anymore and it's just getting through each day. Like I said, I don't have any scientific answers, just what it seems like to me.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Listen to really loud music a lot? maybe with headphones? my ears are ringing but that's only because i was standing to close to a cannon when it was fired.. First couple weeks i got lots done, been bored with no energy since. congatulation on 32 days!
Old 02-01-2012, 07:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Nel - I started that fatigue post yesterday and as you probably read, I'm feeling tired. Haven't felt this tired in forever. Then I realized, I don't think I've felt much of anything in forever other than shame and guilt and remorse. Now that I no longer have to cover my tracks or recreate my latest walk of shame, I believe I am actually beginning to feel "real" again. My work is fairly demanding at times, and I just worked 6 days straight (and no, I'm not a spring chicken anymore). I am taking the advice that many listed and realizing this is normal after so much wear and tear on my old bones, I'm going to chill and relax and stay my course. You encourage me so much, hang in there, sweetie - this, too will pass
Old 02-01-2012, 08:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have been very tired and lazy ..no energy,(the last few weeks) like I just want to lay on my bed all day/night..and do nothing but let my poor body rest and heal!....but of course that's kinda hard to do, but I do try to rest alot when I can. I have been eating very healthy(which I didn't when I drank) and exercising a little each day.So it sounds like this is normal??..
Old 02-01-2012, 08:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you feel better.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nel68 View Post
I have been very tired and lazy ..no energy,(the last few weeks) like I just want to lay on my bed all day/night..and do nothing but let my poor body rest and heal!....but of course that's kinda hard to do, but I do try to rest alot when I can. I have been eating very healthy(which I didn't when I drank) and exercising a little each day.So it sounds like this is normal??..
Thanks guys for the feedback... I take so long to post another reply that I miss the new replies...lol..off to bed I go..sleep tight my SR friends