Notices

respect all but feel lonely

Old 02-01-2012, 07:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

respect all but feel lonely

I'm like a 65 year old Buddhist in Nevada and when I go to meetings I care about everyone and they are important to me but sometimes I feel isolated which is my issue not their's. Those who know my practice tell me to read the chapter on agnostics which is demeaning. I think I'm just griping which isn't helpful. I guess I turn to SR as my sobriety family.

"The purpose of human life, why we survive, why we live, is to pacify others' sufferings and disease, and to give happiness to them. Even if we cannot do everything now, just to stop one problem of another person is worthwhile."
Lama Thubten Zopa Rinpoche
Old 02-01-2012, 09:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
MINEr

I feel where you're coming from. I'm isolate myself too much, even from people standing right next to me. Did it when I was drinking too, would be alone in a packed bar. I just add it to the long list of things I have the privelege of learning now that I'm sober.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MycoolFitz View Post
Those who know my practice tell me to read the chapter on agnostics which is demeaning.
I find a tremendous overlap between AA and Buddhism, and I know many other AAers who find no conflict between the principles of AA and Eastern philosophies. Spiritual principles are universal. Don't let anybody else define a higher power for you.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Was just feeling sorry for myself, In get over it, over and over