the roller coaster

Old 01-30-2012, 12:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

the roller coaster

why is it that I can convince myself one minute that if I just keep my opinions to myself, pretend to be happy, and stay busy, everything will be just fine. Then an hour later, I think "why do I have to let him do whatever he wants, whenever he wants, and not be able to express my feelings?"

We seem to get along just fine as long as my opinions on anything mirror his. Not just about alcohol. He will cut people down sometimes for doing the exact things he does. If I call him out on it, look out.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You could...decide you hate roller coasters (or any of those crazy rides) and leave the amusant park for good.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
it's called trying to accept the unacceptable...you are trying to make yourself submissive and subservient in order to keep the peace, but your inner light and spirit continue to fight against being someone's servant and slave.
Thanks anvil for this - I needed to hear it today.

The fight is unwinnable. There is nothing worse than trying to be someone you are not. Go find someone who accepts you as you are instead. And is thrilled to have you in their life. It's not worth it any other way.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

I coud never serve two masters, thus I chose me, I am my own master. As long as you condesend to him you will be miserable, not my rules, just how it works.