Notices

Starting QUEST and therapy today

Old 01-30-2012, 04:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Grateful AA member

Starting QUEST and therapy today

I experience really bad PMDD (sorry boys) lol. I have been on Citalopram for four weeks now and realized it is helping with my severe depression and thoughts of worthlessness which is a great thing. Around that time of month I crave alcohol in the worst way and gave into it this month.

I am not beating myself up. I have made a lot of positive steps in my life and I continue to grow. I did call the outpatient hospital and I told them I need help bc I am now dealing with these feelings and bad memories and I used alcohol to cope and I dont wan to go back down that road again but I am not sure how else to deal with my feelings.

They booked me an appt. and tonight I have my first therapy appt through the hospital and after I start this new QUEST group for people with mental health and substance abuse issues combined. I am looking forward to it. I couldnt relate in AA but this group does sound like it could help me.

I am going to be honest with my therapist and tell her I crave alcohol badly when I have PMS but then I am fine after and dont crave it.

I need to learn new coping mechanisms to deal with my feelings. Gonna post a seperate thread in the woman forum to get more in detail dont wanna gross the guys out lmao
Old 01-30-2012, 12:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad to see you back and moving forward innerchild

D
Old 01-30-2012, 02:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

Awesome Inner.

It is SO important that we don't stop recovery when something we try doesn't fit our situation. You kept looking until you found something that addresses your needs. THAT shows a great deal of strength, commitment and wisdom.

Thanks for sharing your story with us, and I hope QUEST provides what you are looking for. I will have a look into it myself for I am dual diagnosis as well.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Grateful AA member

Thanks very much