Notices

In the market for a sponsor

Old 01-29-2012, 05:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

In the market for a sponsor

I have to admit, I don't know the role of a sponsor but...I would greatly appreciate anyone that would be willing to help as tomorrow is my sober date. I'm talking to my doctor and i'm not sure if I can really pull this off. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Old 01-29-2012, 05:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi,

The best way to find a sponsor is to go to an AA meeting and ask around. I'm glad you're talking to your dr and working on your recovery.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi,
You can always ask for a temporary sponsor at an AA meeting until you find someone you can really connect with. Just remember it is your sobriety and the more comfortable you are with a sponsor the more likely you are to succeed. Good luck.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Anna...lol, I wanted to debunk your idea but I know it's the same thing i'm going to hear from the doc in the am...I don't know if it's depressing or helpful. probably helpful. sorry.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What is it you are looking for from a sponsor, recovery, AA, etc?
Old 01-29-2012, 05:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey jbasicpa,
Great job on your decision! I'm also real early in sobriety....day 5. I went to my first (beginner) last night and just kind of split afterword because they were having a business meeting after the meeting. I went to my second this afternoon, and they did announce that if anybody was looking to find a temp sponsor, to see a member after the meeting...I went out and had a smoke and was about to split, but decided to go in and ask. Inside of about 30 seconds I had 4 #'s and am going to call them tomorrow, they really did seem happy to help, and actually thanked me for asking. I would imagine you would get similiar results.