Why I am "really" here.

Old 01-29-2012, 04:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Why I am "really" here.

The same reason everyone else is here. I didn't come here to quickly place judgment on anyone, but I do call it as I see it. How anyone interprets what I say is not my problem.

If most of my posts are brief and/or "one-liners", it's because I don't have a lot of time on my hands to write, proofread and edit forum posts to make sure they are perfect. It's not an online English class; I will write what I have time to write and will elaborate if asked.

I will not, however, "dig" for the "real" reason I came to this forum, because there is nothing to dig for. I am not a fraud.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Choublck, I for one never thought otherwise. I hope whatever was said or written that upset you doesn't get under your skin for too long; we've got bigger fish to fry, right?
Old 01-29-2012, 05:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I have found that the "ignore" button is a good friend. If someone has problems with your posts, then instead of starting crap about it, they should just avail themselves of the ignore feature. You, of course, are free to do the same.

This is a place of support and, of course, we don't all think exactly the same way or necessarily like some of what we read, but the fact remains that we are here to support each other. I hope you won't let someone's words upset you too much. You are right that if someone misinterprets what you say, that is their problem. If this board is helping you, then you have as much right to be here as anyone else.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

No worries, Choublak, we are all here for you.

Mike
Moderator, SoberRecovery

Last edited by DesertEyes; 01-30-2012 at 05:29 PM. Reason: too much spacing
Old 01-29-2012, 06:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I haven't been here long Choublak but I've appreciated your input to my posts and seen nothing wrong with your posts to others that I've read. Not sure whats happened but I think we can all help each other best if we're not afraid to be ourselves. Your words have worth.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

Originally Posted by choublak View Post
I didn't come here to quickly place judgment on anyone, but I do call it as I see it. How anyone interprets what I say is not my problem.
I've enjoyed your posts and getting to know you, but it's good to remember that what you said above operates in both directions. Maybe they mean no harm and you are putting a spin on what they say...I don't know, but I guess it's possible.

whenever we are sharing an issue close to our hearts, I think our sensitivity increases.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I've enjoyed your contributions as well and I like your style (sometimes there's only time for a hit and run). I feel I have a pretty good fraud detector-- I've caught two so far, but I've also been fooled at least once. You didn't set off any of my alarms (even when we disagreed). You've been here long enough to know you'd have heard from me if I thought you were fooling us.

That said, if you are fooling us good job! It's working!

Cyranoak

P.s. One time I publicly accused a woman of faking it because I thought what she was saying was so insane and clueless for such an extended period of time. It turned out she was just highly educated and thought she could rationalize herself into a place where she could control her husband by virtue of her high IQ, or statistically find the answers.

There was no talking to or with her.

P.p.s. I think the real reason you are here is... none of my business.