Notices

Weight loss...

Old 01-29-2012, 11:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Weight loss...

Just wanted to say something positive today! I used to hate the fact that I was always soooooo hungry and couldn't lose weight even if I tried....which made me depressed.....which lead to more drinking!! I guess the alcohol must've messed up my hunger senses because I was always hungry and I felt like I had to eat my hangover away every day! I would load up on carbs too! And not to mention the calories in 8-10 beers each night. Well, since I have become sober, I realized that I am not nearly as hungry as I once was. I am happy to say that since I stopped drinking 1 week and 3 days ago, I have lost 5 lbs!!! I hope this continues and isn't just a side effect from withdrawls.

Another thing to add to my very long list of reasons to quit drinking!!!
Old 01-29-2012, 11:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I sobered started dieting and walking and lost 50 lbs so good things can happen. Keep it up
Old 01-29-2012, 11:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

On day 5 and have lost 2 pounds! My wedding ring is spinning a little bit on my finger (less bloating), and I am not nearly as hungry either!
Old 01-29-2012, 12:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

that's great news. my eating habits when drinking sound identical to yours.

I'm on day 27 and have lost 10 pounds. I'm not eating as much plus not eating as much rubbish.

For me, hearing of people who've lost 20/30 pounds plus is really positive and something to aim for
Old 01-29-2012, 12:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jwolf View Post
Just wanted to say something positive today! I used to hate the fact that I was always soooooo hungry and couldn't lose weight even if I tried....which made me depressed.....which lead to more drinking!! I guess the alcohol must've messed up my hunger senses because I was always hungry and I felt like I had to eat my hangover away every day! I would load up on carbs too! And not to mention the calories in 8-10 beers each night. Well, since I have become sober, I realized that I am not nearly as hungry as I once was. I am happy to say that since I stopped drinking 1 week and 3 days ago, I have lost 5 lbs!!! I hope this continues and isn't just a side effect from withdrawls. Another thing to add to my very long list of reasons to quit drinking!!!
Know how you feel when I drank it always threw my blood sugar off and I would eat so heavy!!!This month I have been eating so healthy I too have lost weight!! Extra bonus for us
Old 01-29-2012, 12:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

OK....I don't get it. I am almost 6 months sober, and actually gained a little weight - maybe 5 pounds - but thank goodness I am starting to lose. I thought that I would lose some weight - without the calories of drinking and those eating rampages to try to make the hangovers feel better, but it hasn't worked out that way for me, unfortunately. Just don't get it. I am probably 15 pounds overweight and it is really bugging me.

I ran marathons for about 20 years, and am used to being light on my feet. I can't beat the pavement with my feet anymore but I do walk my dogs alot. Oh well.

I am happy for you guys though! A little envious, but happy.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sissy07 View Post
OK....I don't get it. I am almost 6 months sober, and actually gained a little weight - maybe 5 pounds - but thank goodness I am starting to lose. I thought that I would lose some weight - without the calories of drinking and those eating rampages to try to make the hangovers feel better, but it hasn't worked out that way for me, unfortunately. Just don't get it. I am probably 15 pounds overweight and it is really bugging me. I ran marathons for about 20 years, and am used to being light on my feet. I can't beat the pavement with my feet anymore but I do walk my dogs alot. Oh well. I am happy for you guys though! A little envious, but happy.
@ Sissy07 I am envious of you cause I wish I was just 15 pounds over weight... I got alot to lose the more years I drank the bigger I got I hope by summer I am at least 30 pounds smaller and feel soo much better Hope we all do♥
Old 01-30-2012, 11:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You just need to be more motivated, avoid things that made you remember on eating or eat fruits instead. Go for more than your normal walk or run. Also drinks 16 glasses of water a day to help to lose weight. Good Luck
Old 01-30-2012, 11:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
So it goes

Well done jwolf, I have more money as well since stopping drinking, guess we have hit a virtuous circle, I have heard tell of them , but first time in
Old 01-30-2012, 11:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

I have been so pre-occupied since I stopped drinking - it has taken all my concentration so now I will go and weigh! :rotfxko Only on Day 4 but proud of it, long way t go yet but don't lets dwell on that?!
I am not really overweight at 62kg but can do without silly calories from drink (I hope!)
All the best, love reading your posts on here, it's a learning curve.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:00 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Just to encourage you even more Jwolf (and I'm so pleased I can't wait to tell someone!!) I've just weighed myself and have lost 1 stone since 2 Jan

I was (and still am) overweight so it is much needed weight loss. It prob won't come off as quickly now but hopefully will lose some more.

Definitely another positive for stopping drinking!
Old 01-31-2012, 12:18 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

The first 18 months of sobriety I dropped 30 lbs of fat and gained 10 lbs of muscle (lifting weights), after a year of relapse I'm back up to where I was. But I'm feeling better every sober day once again (4 days).
Old 01-31-2012, 07:17 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Meow

Originally Posted by sissy07 View Post
OK....I don't get it. I am almost 6 months sober, and actually gained a little weight - maybe 5 pounds - but thank goodness I am starting to lose. I thought that I would lose some weight - without the calories of drinking and those eating rampages to try to make the hangovers feel better, but it hasn't worked out that way for me, unfortunately. Just don't get it. I am probably 15 pounds overweight and it is really bugging me.

I ran marathons for about 20 years, and am used to being light on my feet. I can't beat the pavement with my feet anymore but I do walk my dogs alot. Oh well.

I am happy for you guys though! A little envious, but happy.
When you are only 15 pounds overweight, it is alot harder to lose them than to lose 15 pounds when you are 50 pounds overweight.

For example, someone who is only 15 pounds overweight might need to keep their calories at 1300/week to lose 2 pounds a week. The person who is 50 pounds overweight gets 1500/week to lose those same two pounds. To add insult to injury, if the person who is 15 pounds overweight runs for an hour, they might burn 500 calories while the 50 pounds overweight person burns 600.

I am using DailyPlate, and have lost 14 pounds so far. However, my calorie allotment goes down every time my weight does.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:24 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I can't wait to lose weight!