Notices

Letting go of drinking pals leaves me more alon

Old 01-29-2012, 08:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Letting go of drinking pals leaves me more alon

OK so today is the first time Ive stoped drinking again, last 2 times were because i had to go to court ordered AA. This time Im doing this on my own. Scared to tell anyone how I really feel, how much I really drink and how much my drinking is affecting my life. Since I already feel alone letting go of my pals means Ill be alone even more...at least until i can fill the time with something more healthy. People have hurt me, Ive hurt me because of that.
Yesterday on my way home from work...I made myself go ...I felt like I was going to get sick...I made it home and tried...but got sharp pain accross the shoulders, scared me..throwing up felt like only thing that was going to come up was my asophagas (sp?)..I stripped and climbed into bed (5pm) I seriously felt like a hospital should have been in the situation...I managed 2 calls to call off plans...and think I past out? I couldet get up, was very dizzy nauseated shaking legs and arms.and sweating bad! Chills...man it was bad!
Im a beer drinker who had a gastric bypass...had about 10-12 beers 2 shots of Tekillya...blacked out the night before...been doing this for about 1 yr 2-3 times a week...Shame Game..Im alone in a new state watching over dad, left my family behind in San Diego...had to..He dosnt know i drink this much...I manage to hide it pretty good..well? humm?..anyway Im pretty long winded apparently have a lot to say right now annonomously (OF COURSE) I'M SCARED that I may require medical detox? or can I do this alone....? Any feedbackmeans im connected to some type of support and I need it right now.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

A unsupervised detox could kill you. That ought to scare you, not a medical detox. A medical detox can still kill you, but at least you'd have medical care there and the proper drugs to get you through the tough part.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR! I am glad you found this forum. It is helping me save myself. I have become a real loner, by choice, and have almost 6 months sobriety. At the end of my most recent 4 year drinking spree I was very sick too. You are not alone - keep reading and posting. This forum has been the difference in me succeeding or failing.

You need a medical detox. If AA is for you there are a ton of meetings in Houston. It may be good for you to be around others who understand. I guess I don't really have anything hardcore to say, just wanted to wish you well. Take care.