Notices

temtations

Old 01-29-2012, 04:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Arrow temtations

Tomorrow I will go to a job with no pills for the first time in years. When I'm using, working goes by so quickly, it's almost fun. So I will be facing a tough mental obstacle. I will also be able to get more tomorrow. It is going to take every bit of will power I can possibly gather to resist and I'm already stressing about it.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Maybe a doctor could give you a better alternative? might be more cost effective too if you have insurance
Old 01-29-2012, 06:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

Think of it as an adventure!

Ho Pioneer! Into the vast unknown with your wits and humor to get you through.

Oh yes, don't forget your sense of humor, it is a very useful tool during recovery.

You'll be fine, even though it might feel real strange at times.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

You will be able to get used to functioning without pills in your life, but it will take some adjustments. You can do this.

If you can get some pills tomorrow, it would probably be a good idea to stay away from the person or place where you get them.

I hope you have a great day tomorrow.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh how I wish I could stay home tomorrow. but Staying away from my source would mean losing 40% of my income; cant do it. So I will HAVE to find a way to control myself when it will be so !#$%! easy to get more every week. I hope I can do this
Old 01-29-2012, 01:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

We're all prayin for ya. You can do it.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

I know you have to work tomorrow and it's going to be a huge temptation, and probably the only thing on your mind. Please don't use. We will be clean together tomorrow. I am going to the doctor tomorrow for a change in depression meds and I keep thinking up stories to get her to prescripe some more vicodin, but I won't do it. I even thought of cancelling the appt, but that won't solve my problem. We will both be strong.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with Anna - you can get used to life without pills and really, you'll have to if you want things to change.

It's tough at the start without our drug of choice, but I believe you can do it

D
Old 01-29-2012, 03:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by aeo1313 View Post
I know you have to work tomorrow and it's going to be a huge temptation, and probably the only thing on your mind. Please don't use. We will be clean together tomorrow. I am going to the doctor tomorrow for a change in depression meds and I keep thinking up stories to get her to prescripe some more vicodin, but I won't do it. I even thought of cancelling the appt, but that won't solve my problem. We will both be strong.
I am with you on that for sure! I've gotten someone to cover for me half the day, at least that is some little relief. I just wish I had more than a couple days under my belt so I would feel more confident. I will be looking for your update tomoroww with anticipation and much hope for you!
Old 01-29-2012, 03:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm not sure if by "getting more" pills you mean stealing them, think of the negative consequences if you get caught. Try to be strong because we are all rooting for you!
Old 01-29-2012, 04:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

GalFriday - Think how great you'll feel when you get over this hurdle without using. We know you can do it. Glad you came here to talk about it.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:04 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Cob

You can do this...you really can. It's a choice that if you repeatedly do it will get so much easier. Those first few steps can be the hardest but before long you'll be walking in high cotton...Peace to you...and remember, the only thing in the world that can keep you sober or free from using is "YOU"....no-one or no-thing in the world will ever make that choice for you...no program of recovery, no sponsor, no spouse, no child, nothing...But "You" can...and I know you can because I see others do it...I see myself do it daily...I make a personal choice not to use and then I go out into the world of temptation and get busy.

Cob
Old 01-29-2012, 04:45 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
dopeless hope fiend

I don't quite understand how these pills are associated with your income. are you a pharmaceutical Rep or something? its not my business just trying to grasp what you're facing. one thing I did when I got clean was to tell my doctor that I'm an addict and to put it my chart that I'm not to be given narcotics unless its absolutely necessary.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:54 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by augustwest View Post
I don't quite understand how these pills are associated with your income. are you a pharmaceutical Rep or something? its not my business just trying to grasp what you're facing. one thing I did when I got clean was to tell my doctor that I'm an addict and to put it my chart that I'm not to be given narcotics unless its absolutely necessary.
I'll send you a prvt msg.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:54 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Best wishes to you! I'm going off the Percocets (45 mg a day, although now tapered to 25 mg) I've been prescribed for pain management next Tuesday, so I know what you mean as they have helped me deal with my daily back pain to the point of getting my job done and my fatherly duties. I'd be up for a refill, but my steroid injection worked and there is no need, so I'm telling the doctor 'no' not the other way around and so getting off them as soon as possible. Good luck, I don't know what pills you are talking about and if this is a vacation or a permanent thing. Good luck with whatever you decide. Be careful with withdrawal side effects, esp. if they are benzos (which must be tapered or you risk your life).
Old 01-30-2012, 09:19 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
dopeless hope fiend

So how's it going?
Old 01-30-2012, 09:35 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

very bad day. mental torture. haven't used yet, don't know if i will last the day. thanks for asking
Old 01-30-2012, 09:48 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

When you're through this GF, your mind and body will be like a race car that's been towing a fully loaded tractor trailer. When you finally cut it loose, you'll be FREE and going 200 MPH!! Imagine that.

You can do this. Keep posting.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:35 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GalFriday View Post
very bad day. mental torture. haven't used yet, don't know if i will last the day. thanks for asking
thinking of you Gal. You've come this far, you can do this. I have no idea what the time difference is between us but try and rest as much as you can and look after yourself today X
Old 01-30-2012, 01:12 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
dopeless hope fiend

if you use you're just going to have to go through this crap all over again. the only way out is through it by not using. it gets better.