Notices

Feeling lonely today.......

Old 01-28-2012, 11:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling lonely today.......

Nice sunny Saturday, my spirits have been upbeat all week. Been sober since two weeks before Christmas. I think Facebook can bum you out sometimes. I'm divorced, lost a great marriage/wife to addiction, watching everyone I grew up with posting their weekend family/kids photos all the time on Facebook, while I'm here, fighting off going to the bar, like a little boy...alone, no wife anymore, no kids, feeling fine in my sobriety, but sad that I let it take away the best years of my life. I'm 35, I should be enjoying raising a new family etc...but instead I'm wasting more of my time/life on just staying sober...sometimes it just seems lose lose instead of win win. I don't know, just one of those days for me.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It will get better JT. We all have to start some where, and fortunately you and I are both young. It's like having a do-over with our lives. I understand what you mean about Facebook. It depresses me as well. We will get past this.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Facebook has triggered the same thoughts in me many times. Just remember people don't post pictures if themselves sad, fighting with spouse, paying bills, etc... We all post photos of what we want people to see. Anyone outside my inner circle would be shocked to know that I'm a became a Codie and I allowed my self to be in a very unhealthy relationship with two alcoholics. These people think that I have my crap together 100% and that I live the fab life in LA.

Now do I have my crap together yes I do in every area but intimate relationships. As I write this I'm on my couch it's beautiful outside and I'm having to convince my self to go out.

Good things is that you aren't in a bar and you are taking care of yourself. What would the lonely little boy inside like to do today? Even if it's something silly.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I agree with the above poster. Very few of us post pictures of ourselves drinking ourselves silly. We post only what we want the world to see.

If you focus on the life you were "supposed to have", you will drive yourself mad. Think about the life you "will have" instead.

Hang in there! We all have these days!