Notices

Day 1

Old 01-28-2012, 11:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1

It's been a long day but as I have been up since 5am our time, I am proud to say that Day 1 is nearing an end. It was so strange to be sober today but so good too.
I have drank for quite a few years, was on 2 bottle sof wine a day if I could get them.
Ashamed to say that it was shock tactics that brought me to my senses as bad report from blood tests. It scared me so here I am!
It's not going to be easy for sure but tomorrow I will read up on more of the posts on here - thank you for listening!
Old 01-28-2012, 11:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
So it goes

I have done 3 days, most importantly a friday and a saturday, and the saturday alone in the house. Stick in there, it is worth it
Old 01-28-2012, 12:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well done! I was alone today too and usually indulge myself to the hilt with red wine. Reckon we both did ok then?
Tomorrow we do the grocery shopping so that will be another challenge for sure! All the best, you are ahead of me!!
Old 01-28-2012, 12:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Outstanding Job Guys!!!!!
Old 01-28-2012, 12:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Welcome

Keep coming on and reading and posting.

Good love, Inda
Old 01-28-2012, 01:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good for you! I am just a few days ahead of you. (day 4) For me, the first day was the hardest. Like you, I am a wine lover. Anytime I was alone it was especially bad. Sometimes my husband and son go out of state to visit family for a few weeks to visit family. (I can't because I work in the health-field and don't get the same kind of vacation time they do.) Usually while they are gone, I will sit in the house alone and drink my wine. And drink some more. And some more. And, "there's only a little left...might as well finish it off." Sound familiar?

In a week they will be leaving for two weeks. THAT will be my true test.

You made it through the first day, now just make it through until morning, and then resolve to make it through another day...or a few hours, if need be.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Smartblonde, wine lover here (I mean ex-wine lover) too and I bought some elderflower cordial (not sure if they have it in the States) and it is as good a non-alcoholic alternative as there possibly could be, you should give it a go.

Good luck on the two weeks, it will be a major test, but imagine how good you'll feel when they return and you haven't touched a drop of wine.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Smartblonde ....yes, that will be a real challenge for you, can you arrange to have a friend to stay maybe and keep really busy ..what about re-decorating or something?!! In the meantime, be proud of yourself.

Marius76 .....Mmm..wonder if we can get that elderflower cordial here? Am going shopping tomorrow (argh gotta steer clear of the vino) BUT I plan to buy some lime cordial to try and also tomato juice which I love, will look and see if I can find elderflower. Thanks and all the best to you too.