Notices

Feel like a new person

Old 01-28-2012, 08:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feel like a new person

I just want to thank all the people on SR who have helped me, directly and indirectly since I decided to become sober. I'm on day 26 and it has been quite a journey and no doubt will continue to be so.

I feel physically and mentally better than I have in years. I've realized just how much I had let myself go over the last few years, grooming wise etc so went to the hairdressers today. Feel amazing with new hair!! Also looking in the mirror a different person looks back at me-no bloat, less redness, bright eyed. Even my nose looks slimmer, if that doesn't sound weird!! It's an incentive in itself to carry on with this.

Thanks again everyone for all your inspiration, support and guidance.xx
Old 01-28-2012, 08:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by justhadenough View Post
I just want to thank all the people on SR who have helped me, directly and indirectly since I decided to become sober. I'm on day 26 and it has been quite a journey and no doubt will continue to be so.

I feel physically and mentally better than I have in years. I've realized just how much I had let myself go over the last few years, grooming wise etc so went to the hairdressers today. Feel amazing with new hair!! Also looking in the mirror a different person looks back at me-no bloat, less redness, bright eyed. Even my nose looks slimmer, if that doesn't sound weird!! It's an incentive in itself to carry on with this.

YAY for new hair- the cure that can help everything!!
Old 01-28-2012, 08:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good on you! It's so great to see such positive results through not drinking for nearly a month, it's the same with me (still need a hair cut though), it makes you think how bad it was poisoning our bodies for so long, this is how we are meant to feel!
Old 01-28-2012, 08:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Aww...how sweet! Yea! I'm so glad you are pleased with your hair. Time to feel sexy again.

Old 01-28-2012, 08:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

Awesome enough!!

LOL about your nose. I noticed that too when I stopped drinking..too funny, made me giggle

Keep up the awesome attitude and keep going; it gets better and better
Old 01-28-2012, 09:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stepping View Post
Awesome enough!!

LOL about your nose. I noticed that too when I stopped drinking..too funny, made me giggle

Keep up the awesome attitude and keep going; it gets better and better
Thanks for the kind words everyone

Glad I wasn't imagining about the nose Stepping!!
Old 01-28-2012, 03:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SR Fan

That's great to hear! Congratulations - you've worked hard, so it's wonderful to hear you're enjoying the benefits!
Old 01-28-2012, 04:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It's funny how sometimes vanity can keep us going!

I remember when I quit smoking it was because I was listening to an old lady talk, who had clearly smoked her whole life, and thinking to myself,"OMG, I *never*want my voice to sound like that!" The thought of my lungs turning black wasn't really causing me much concern but having wrinkles around my lips and getting a deep, raspy voice....well, that did it! LOL
Old 01-28-2012, 05:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

Awesome...! 20 days behind ya. I can relate to a little vanity and the bloat. We're human (arrrrgh!)
Old 01-28-2012, 05:45 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

Originally Posted by justhadenough View Post

That's great. Isn't it amazing what we can do with ourselves when were not wasted? Heck I even manage to get the housework done now, lol!
Old 01-28-2012, 05:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Glad you are doing so well hadenough.

Miracles seem to happen on this site everyday.

God bless.