Notices

Woke up happy and fairly optimistic

Old 01-28-2012, 06:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

Woke up happy and fairly optimistic

For those that have read my posts lately you know how I've been in a deep, dark, scary depression. When I woke today it has cleared somewhat and I felt...dare I say it..."good". I did yoga last night- first time in over a week I have exercised. Today we have 5th grade Shabbat services for my son, then pinewood derby for scouts, and I invited some neighbors over tonight. I was feeling anxious over everything today, but today I am confident the day will go well and I will enjoy my get-together tonight sober.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That is wonderful to hear!
Old 01-28-2012, 06:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
L'il fighter

That sounds great!

Sorry I haven't seen your other posts...PAWS related depression?
Old 01-28-2012, 06:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm glad your feeling better, enjoy your weekend!
Old 01-28-2012, 06:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

I have suffered depression my entire life and was even hospitalized in high school bc of it. I don't know what the story is on it now, but it could be my brain trying to get back to "normal" after vicodin use. I have no idea. Or it could just be one of my "spells". Either way it sucks, and today I feel free...light...it's wonderful! I wrote it down in my journal so that in the future I will know that it is possible to feel good
Old 01-28-2012, 06:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Resident

That is a great positive attitude aeo. How are you feeling physically without the pills?
Old 01-28-2012, 06:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

I have been very tired, but think that is due to the depression. I have no pain issues for which I took the pills so I am not dealing with that...thank god! Have had headaches off and on, but physically I am feeling fine. No major issues.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good, and hopefully this is the beginning of you feeling better.

In my case, I have to treat my lifelong depression in order to level the playing field. Even so, I have periods when I start to slip into the abyss. And, for me, it's SO important to me to maintain optimism at those times, because I don't want to slip back into depression. And, yay for yoga. I love it.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Good, and hopefully this is the beginning of you feeling better.

In my case, I have to treat my lifelong depression in order to level the playing field. Even so, I have periods when I start to slip into the abyss. And, for me, it's SO important to me to maintain optimism at those times, because I don't want to slip back into depression. And, yay for yoga. I love it.
My therapist drew all these diagrams about what vicodin does to the brain, what prozac does, alcohol, depession, etc. I rationally understand that I MUST stay away from pills and alcohol to fully get a grasp on my depression and let my Prozac do it's work. I was depressed when I was young before I ever took a pill or drink, so I know it's a deamon I will face my entire life...but I don't have to help it along by poisoning my brain.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

SO happy for you!!
Old 01-28-2012, 09:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

I'm happy to hear that!

This time of the year is generally very hard for me. I think when most people get the "winter blues" those of us who are already predispositioned to depression slip off the deep end even more.

I too felt really good today though, slept in and I'm just enjoying the fact that the sun's out.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:58 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

Made it through my first party sober. I had some neighbors over tonight who were all drinking. Early in the evening when they were pouring their drinks I thought I was going to cry, but as the night went on I realized I was still having a blast sober. These are my closest friends and I enjoyed them as much sober. Also, when they left, I was able to clean the kitchen! So used to waking up to a dirty house after a party!
Old 01-28-2012, 10:00 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

good for you aeo

D