Thank you!

Old 12-16-2003, 04:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Smile Thank you!

I just wanted to take a minute to thank y'all for being here. I found Sober Recovery about a month ago during a teary internet search and posted a few questions.

I've been checking in every day, looking at the daily readings and a lot of other posts. I've been reading Codependent No More.
After hiding the fact that my husband is an alcoholic from everyone for years, I decided to tell one friend so that I would have someone close to share with. That friend has stepped up to be supportive, in a very healthy way.

I was talking to her yesterday and she was surprised at how much better I sound. I realized then that I haven't cried over my husband's drinking in about 3 weeks! Now that I type that, I guess it might sound silly, but to me, it's a really big deal. He's still drinking as much as ever, but I'm taking steps to deal with it differently now. I still have a lot to learn and a long way to go, but it's so wonderful to realize that there's hope. Y'all are so awesome and I'm so grateful that I found you.

GA Girl
Old 12-16-2003, 04:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yeah GA girl !!!!!!

You are already on your way.....from one GA girl to another....YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Constant
Old 12-16-2003, 03:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds like you are the one who's awesome. Congrats on the progress. Hope it continues.
Old 12-16-2003, 04:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi GA Girl

I'm glad you found us too. Sounds like you are well on your way to a happier life. One step at at time, we can all get there. Welcome to the forum.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 12-16-2003, 06:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi GA Girl,

It doesn't sound silly at all. So glad to have you in the family!

Hugs,
Smoke
Old 12-17-2003, 07:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good morning GA

I am the mother to a duel dependant son. SonnyBoy had pretty much taken it all out of me by the time I found this forum. I thank my lucky stars all the time that I found this place to come to. Please keep coming back. We are all here for you..good times and bad. Also know that while you sometimes feel like you are the only one this happens to...there are others here that will have already or at this time walking the same path as you. Lean on us until you can stand straight. Mother hugs to you my dear.
Old 12-18-2003, 12:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hiya GA Girl
I agree about this forum - it's a wonderful place. So is Melody Beattie. She gave me the courage to face that scared little girl I thought I'd left behind all those years ago and finally look after her. I told my A partner that I was going to an Al-Anon meeting and I'm now looking forward to the experience.
It took me a long time to pluck up the courage to tell him, but I did.
Good on ya for telling a friend, too. I've told my closest girlfriends and it made things a lot easier. Keep going mate, you'll be right, as they say down here!
Big Hugs
Sandra
Old 12-18-2003, 06:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

((( GA Girl ))))

Glad to hear that you have joined us ! I would also like to recommend finding an Al Anon group in your area. Face to face meetings are awesome also, and it's nice to have people whom you can call to talk things over.

Keep coming back. You're worth it!

Barb
Old 12-18-2003, 12:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

Barbs right! There are a lot of good meetings in Georgia. I am south of Atlanta and I go to three meetings a week or more if I choose. Don't be scared. We've all been there. The results are AMAZING! Good luck and hugs! Magic :tri
Old 12-18-2003, 12:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am so glad you have found a way to deal with your hurt GA Girl! I was in an abusive alcoholic relationship for several years , and was under soooo much stress, but that was before the days of the I*nternet , and I dont think that there was the kind of help there is now .

you know, it is only since coming here I have realised , that , that is what it was . Silly isn't it ? ha Ha ! but unfortunately I am now the Alcohlic , but recovering .

I am just so glad that yo9u found the support and help you needed , cos I know how much I used to cry over it !

HUGX
Lee